Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gotta love em!

Have I said recently how much I love my kids and how fun I think they are! I sometimes have to to be reminded of this as I get busy trying to get them to do homework, practice cello, get pajamas on, brush teeth, etc., etc. that I sometimes lose focus and realize I need to lighten up and not get so worked up if they are not in bed at exactly 8:00! Tonight was one of those nights....As I was telling them to get there pajamas on (for I think the 4th time) I was starting to lose my patience. I told them that I was going in basement to fold a load of laundry and when I returned they had better had jammies on teeth brushed or ELSE (I know real threatening)! I guess they were feeling real threated, too because this is what I found when I came upstairs.....
They were calling themselves the "jump rope gang" and dancing around and having a grand ole time! Sawyer was, too but he doesn't like when Jonnie touches him sometimes (this was one of those moments)! Instead of getting angry, I grabbed the camera and joined in on the fun! It won't be long and they will be all grown up (or think they are) and won't want to dress up and act silly. Oh, and can you tell the Swanson's love to play in their underwear (:How can you be angry when they are having so much fun! My goal is to cherish every moment with them, they are growing up way too fast....:(

4 comments :

Julie B said...

oh-they look like they are having a GREAT time! Who thought of the jump rope gang?
It's always nice to get a reminder to just lighten up and relax, isn't it? I found myself doing that with Analese and naps..it would stress me out that she wouldn't sleep because I needed a break and I needed to study. None of which is her problem, and once I accept this, we have actually had some nice afternoons together :)

Julie B said...

oh and the first photo is the BEST! I love Sawyer's face compared to Alainas and Jonnies :)-

My Lifesong said...

Maybe you all just need to dance away the stress of the day before winding down at the end of the day. You are a cool mom to them, and you'll remember their carefreeness forever.

Peace is every step said...

Did you "join in the fun" by dancing in your underwear too?!?!? I love the pictures, they are too cute.