Friday, October 19, 2007

Flu shot time!


Today the whole family got our flu shots and we are all feeling a little sore (: Jon went this morning after work and got his and I went this afternoon with the three kids to get ours. When Jon got home this morning he said it was the worst pain ever and that his arm was so sore and he was feeling sorry for me having to bring the kids myself. I wasn't too worried. When we got there I decided to go first so they could all see how easy and pain free it was (: And I couldn't believe how it wasn't painful!! I hardly felt a thing (as I was told later, and teased all day by my family, that those with muscle feel more pain) and told the kids she was a great nurse and shot giver! Sawyer was next and just was totally heart broken!! I have never seen him so sad-Like how could you do this to me AGAIN.....I was feeling horrible about that and his little lip kept pouting and he would burst into tears again...poor boy! Alaina went next and as always she was so easy and brave and never said a peep (: And then we get to Jonnie who by this time was walking out the door and said "I am not going to do this!" I quickly grabbed him and he put his sweatshirt over his head and, typical Jonnie style, would not cooperate. So, I just grabbed him and held his arms in a pretzel stlye and draped my leg over his legs (as he was screaming "one more second") and luckily the nurse was ready and quickly gave him the shot and it was all over in a few seconds and he lived (: I now know that I can't just wait with him as it will drag on forever and he will just get more worked up! So everyone in the family has extremely sore arms that they can barely lift except for me, I feel just fine-tomorrow I start lifting weights (:

Here are a few pics of my boys in the tub together-they don't get to do this very often, so they were having a blast! Aren't they just adorable! (:

Here's my blanky boy ready for bed-couldn't you just squeeze him (:

Happy Friday Everyone!!

5 comments :

The Spirit said...

I just love your stories Lorrie. Keep them coming. All my girls and my boy have a gift for writing. Even though I don't always repy, I read them all and thoroughly enjoy them!

Chris said...

Awww...I could just squeeze them all! I LOVE Sawyer's footie pajamas.

As far as the shots go, it sounds like even Sawyer has more muscle in his arms than you! :)

Peace is every step said...

You start lifting weights? :)
My flu experience was hilarious...well, if you have tough skin like I do anyway! We had nursing students come during one of our staff meetings..they were so scared and nervous. I told her that I am the easiest to give a shot to as I never feel it, so I went first. She literally poked my arm like 4 times trying to do it hard enough for it to go in!!! I couldn't stop laughing-and that didn't help.

Julie B said...

that is So funny! I loved your description of each one's turn...poor Sawyer! I had to laugh over Jonnie-I can totally picture it :)
The tub photos are great-they look like they are having a blast! And yes, Sawyer looks so cuddly! Mara hates her feet to be covered now-I love footies!

My Lifesong said...

You crack me up with the flu shot story. My heart goes out to you and the children,esp. Sawyer,cause he doesn't understand, and Jonnie, well he's Jonnie. Brave Alaina, reminds me of Julie as a baby, she never flinted. Just had my shot Friday,and it was sore for a day only. Love the bath pics. Ahh!