Sunday, January 27, 2008

Use it before it's gone

Wow, was it warm today! This afternoon I looked at the thermometer and it read 45 degrees! I couldn't believe it. Jon went out with Alaina and built a snow fort for her with the last of the snow in our yard-it is melting fast! He then forced Jonnie away from the tv to enjoy the new fort. He loved it and they made dishes, pillows, etc. out of snow for it.

Meanwhile, I was in the kitchen whipping up my purees (finally) to use with my "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook. I can't wait to start adding veggies into all our food. The broccoli and cauliflower smell so bad that I really hope I can't taste them in the food. I am on a mission to keep this up, not only adding more nutrition to the kids' food, but also for Jon and I. Tomorrow, I am making oatmeal with pumpkin puree for us in the morning-can't wait to see how it tastes!



Don't they look pretty (:

4 comments :

Peace is every step said...

Wow, you weren't kidding about the pureeing huh?!?!?

I hear you on the snow. I'm so hoping for a huge snowstorm. We got freezing rain last night, making our snow like a hard crust. The roads are like skating rinks. I need to ski.

Lorrie said...

Haha! I've been cooking up a storm- I can't believe all the food I have made since yesterday! So far all the recipes I have tried have been successful and delicious-and there is nothing more satisfying than seeing your family eat healthy!

Lorrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorrie said...

Your purees do not look pretty.


Your daughter,
Alaina