Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Signs my daughter is growing up...

1. She wants the new Alicia Keys CD and says she is the "best singer ever!"

2. She is writing a book on the computer and can type almost as good as me. She is up to chapter 5 and it actually makes sense! I am amazed at all her correct grammar and punctuation.

3. She has taken upon herself to clean her room everyday in hopes of getting a hamster or guinea pig for her double digit birthday coming up in June. Her room is looking great! Jon and I told her on her last birthday that if she could keep her room clean for a long period of time, we would think she was then responsible enough to care for a pet-well she must be getting serious about wanting this pet!

4. She comes home after school does her homework, cleans her room, empties dishwasher (her job), works on her book, and after supper she practices cello all while loving up her brother (who follows her around) without being asked or reminded.

5. She can't fall asleep unless she reads at least one chapter in one of the 10 books she keeps under her pillow. She also has to have the radio on to fall asleep, too.

6. I find her in the bathroom doing her own nails.

7. She carries around a purse with money, lip gloss, and hair ties in it.

Signs my daughter is still a little girl.....

1. Twirls around and dances whenever there is music on.

2. Plans and plots out snow forts and houses with her brother.

3. She is scared to go anywhere in the house by herself and I still have to check in her closet some nights for her.

4. Still sleeps with the same blankey she has had since birth-I now call it rags.

5. Still loves to collect things-pebbles, wrappers, marbles, anything shiny, My little Petshop animals, etc., etc. I am hoping the room cleaning will clean up some of her collections.

6. She still likes to take care of her many baby dolls and dresses them up throughout the day. She loves having Sawyer interested and loving up her dolls, as well.

7. She loves hanging out with mom and dad and her brothers-I hope this never changes!

I am so proud of the beautiful girl you are and the beautiful girl you are becoming!

4 comments :

Peace is every step said...

SO SWEET! What a fun age with a mix of what's to come and little girliness. Love hearing about what she's into.

Chris said...

Awww...this is the sweetest post! I remember feeling the pull to be grown up and the need to still be a little girl. She's such a neet little girl/young woman. Yikes..I don't even like typing "woman".

Julie B said...

what a sweet post about such a sweet girl...woman...lady :)
I can't believe she will "double-digits" soon..she is growing up!

Kaylyn said...

Thanks for the glimpse into this beautiful girl's life! She seems to be pretty awesome! I think we would get along. :)