Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Eighteen Months!

Well, here's the big guy at 18 months. It is funny how I still look at him as my little baby and he is already 1 1/2! I guess that's what happens with your youngest, huh?

He had his doctor appointment today and everything went well. He still loves his doctor and was all smiles and showing him things-I was relieved as I thought he would remember last time and cry the whole appointment. I don't think he associates his doctor with shots, just the nurses, whom he is more leery about. He did cry when the nurse weighed him, plus another baby was screaming his/her head off down he hall and he was pretty worried. So all in all he was healthy and growing on track.
Drum roll.....His weight was 22# 11oz. and still in the 10th % and I was thrilled to hear he had a growth spurt and was 32 in. That puts him in the 25%tile. Not that I was worried before, but I couldn't help thinking of my dad's grandpa who was 4ft. 11 in. I just found that out recently and would not want my son to be that short-for his sake. (: Head size was 90%-yay lots of brains!

It is fun to think he is entering toddlerhood-lots of joys and I am sure some challenges as he learns his way through the world and hearing No No more frequently. (:

2 comments :

Chris said...

Lorrie, unless you have another baby, you'll always think of Sawyer as 'the baby'. I still do with Mitch. He's still my little guy. Maybe it's because he would love to crawl back in the warm, cozy whomb if he could. :)

Awww...my little Sawyer! I'm so proud of his growth spurt. Must be all the chips I feed him! JUST KIDDING!!! :)

Julie B said...

awww what a sweetie! Glad you had such a good appt with no shots :) WOW- 32 inches! I think Mara was 28 inches at her 18 month appt...we'll see how much she has grown on the 23rd. I think-hope- she weighs about the same...at least 21 pounds :)