Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Update....


We found out today that Trooper is severely anemic and is jaundiced. His red blood cells are low and that is causing his heart rate and breathing to be increased. To make a long story short, he is basically losing blood somewhere-possible causes are poison, tumor, or what the vet thinks it is is his immune system is basically self destroying. So it doesn't look good for him to pull through, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't try something. We are trying him on a couple medications and we should now in a couple days if there is improvement. Everyone pray that he will pull through. I have already talked to the kids about it and basically prepared them for what might happen-Jonnie burst our crying and said he was going to lose his best friend... That broke my heart, but they at least understand this may be our last days with him and they are giving him lots of love. Every time I look at Trooper he has another stuffed animal or pillow by him. So, keep Trooper in your prayers.

2 comments :

Julie B said...

Oh Lorrie...I have been thinking about you and Trooper all day, and am in tears right now. I really, really hope these medications are the ones to do the trick and that you are able to have some more time with him....call if you need to talk or cry

Chris said...

Oh Lorrie--I'm so sad for all of you. I've been thinking about you since you left yesterday. I pray that you find something that works for him. I'm here, too, if you need a cry or hug. Love you.