Monday, November 5, 2007

Something fishy is going on.....

This is what I found when I opened the toilet this morning-gotta love those babies (:


Couple highlights of the day~

Jonnie has had a cough for the last few days or so and awhile back I got an email saying that if you put Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet and cover them with socks it will stop you from coughing. Something about the soles of your feet can absorb oils. So, tonight I rubbed Jonnie's feet with Vick's (he just loves the "special" treament) and he was out like a light (: There is something about that smell that knocks you out, isn't there? I will keep you posted if it works-his cough is really bad in the morning so that will be the true test. Hopefully it works!

A sad moment happened after supper~Jon went to get something out of the garage and didn't see Sawyer watching him from inside the house and leaning on the door. Anyway, you can guess what happened-Jon whipped open the door and Sawyer went flying out face first onto the cement steps. He hit his top lip and it is now really swollen, but his teeth were OK!! That is the first thing I look at whenever he falls on his face (: We were all pretty shaken up and Jonnie even cried because he thought his little buddy was really hurt. Sawyer gets over things so fast and was running around within minutes, but Jon (husband) gets so worked up and almost nauseous seeing his little boy hurt-I think he was more upset than Sawyer!


I ended the day snuggling with my boys and watching you guessed it-Dancing with the Stars (:
We all love it-as you can tell by Jonnie's face! After awhile, Alaina is usually up dancing around!

Hope you all had a happy Monday!

7 comments :

Julie B said...

I am interested in seeing if it works as well! I have heard of it, can't remember where though. I know a friend of mine uses this "wet sock treatment' and swears by it...email me and I'll send you info on it. Mara still has her horrible cough, every time I think she is starting to get better, it gets worse...sigh.

Poor Sawyer (and poor Jon)-thank goodness his teeth are ok!

Chris said...

Poor Sawyer--and Dad! He had a rough day yesterday. He also fell off one of our kitchen chairs, too. He is a tough boy, though.
Oh I hope the Vapor Rub works for JOnnie. It would be such an easy fix, wouldn't it? I've also heard of this method, too.

Peace is every step said...

Oh, poor Sawyer. I'm sure my imagination has made it out to be more traumatic than it was in real life-there's nothing worse than seeing them get hurt!
I've heard of the foot thing too, and the wet sock thing. Hope it helps.
Have you guys all got your flu shots this year? The flumist (the nasal spray) is now approved for 24 months and up--I'm going to give it to the wimpy Gort family who can't handle shots without having heart attacks (and nurse attacks for Aidan). Just a friendly Public Health reminder! :)

Peace is every step said...

Oh, and I LOVE the fish!! Adorable little surprise. Shawn would probably pee on them though, and that wouldn't be so cute.

My Lifesong said...

The traumas of todderhood! You hate to see it happen, and the guilt by Daddy wrenched at his heart, but somehow, they survive, with teeth intact. Amazing! Like the vicks vapor rub on the feet.

Lorrie said...

Hey, i NEVER dance in front of you so i dont no wat ur talking about!

Lorrie said...

p.s. that waz alaina