Monday, November 19, 2007

My Old Man

My big sweet boy is under the weather-well, it could be more than just that and I am hopeful he will get better. Trooper has a lot of issues (severe hip problems, degenerative eye disease, allergies, and ear problems) and I knew one day it would all catch up to him. I am so afraid it is happening now..... He is has been the best dog for our family. Anyway, he hasn't been eating hardly anything for a week, seems to be losing weight, labored breathing, and just depressed. I have been trying some homemade concoctions to bring him out of it and to make him full of energy again, but he seems to be going downhill fast..... We brought him to the vet today and he is running a temp. and his heart is racing and he has lost weight. The doctor put him on an anti inflammatory pill in case he is in bad joint pain and an antibiotic just in case he has pneunomia or some other infection. He is running a bunch of blood tests, he thought the whites of his eyes looked yellow, and he will let me know in the morning what they found out. Part of me can't wait to find out and the other part doesn't want to hear the news.... I have been medicating him with something or other for most of his life, so I am really hoping this is something I can treat again. I will keep you all posted with the news and how my Trooper Boy is doing...

4 comments :

Peace is every step said...

Oh, Trooper! I can't believe he is getting old. He always seems like such a pup with his shark nose sniffing you out. I hope he pulls through and has many good peaceful years left. Keep me updated!!

Julie B said...

I really hope its something very simple and fixable...keep us posted.

Chris said...

I've been thinking about you and Trooper all day and night. I'm afraid to look in your eyes this morning for fear that you've heard bad news. I'll keep praying that you get good news and you will find a miracle cure to ease his pain. :( Poor boy....

My Lifesong said...

I hope, too, that you hear good news about Trooper. He sure doesn't seem that old, but I know he has had so many issues to deal with thru-out his doggy life.