Sunday, November 18, 2007

Seven Random Things.....

So, I have been tagged and need to come up with seven random things about me. Some you may already know about me, some you may not (:

1. I am the biggest procrastinator I know. They is always later, or tomorrow, or next week to do things. That is the reason I am always late-I wait until the last minute to do anything then I am running around like crazy, mad at myself because I didn't get things done sooner and I am late. So, sorry everyone who waits for me, it is not me being disrespectful it is that I have once again been procrastinating. You would think that since I am aware of this it would change, but then maybe I'll start trying tomorrow (:

2. I have a really hard time with mouth saliva. That is on other people (not babies). I literally lose my appetite for hours or the whole day if I see anyone with drool running down their mouth. I am not proud of this fact because those that tend to have the drool are those that can't help or prevent it, but it still makes me gag.....

3. I love animals-all kinds and I could read books and watch shows about any kind of animal and love it! I miss working at the vet clinic because I miss all the animals! I especially love dogs and kissing their soft snouts (my favorite part). When I didn't have kids, my dogs were everything to me and I know when my kids are grown, I will be the crazy dog lady again (:

4. I cry at everything. That is nothing new to those that know me, but my heart aches for those that are struggling or are in pain. I sometimes can't sleep if I have watched something sad or read about something and think of all the people in pain in the world. That is partly why I would love to be a foster parent someday and the reason I have to hold myself back from the Humane Society. I also cry at happy moments, too. Especially if my children do something sweet or accomplish something or I just well up with love for them at times (:

5. I hate shopping! I get physically sick if I am in the mall too long. Some think that is weird, but I am happy doing all my shopping online (: Except Target, I enjoy going there....

6. Not a workaholic(even though I married one). I am just as happy as the kids when there is a snow day or I take off work when they are sick. I do like my job, but I am just as happy being at home with the kids (: Part of this is the fact that I am not a morning person and any chance I can get to sleep in later, I am all for it!!

7. I sing at home all the time-even though I am horrible and would be mortified if anybody but my family heard me. I sing anything from Opera (the kids favorite-haha) to country. Not only do I sing to everything, but I have to include some dancing along with it-I always grab a kid or two. Even though they roll their eyes at times, I know they love it! Jonnie is a lot like me and will just break into song-I love it!!

Well, there you have it. I am supposed to tag other people, but I really don't know who to tag!

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Omg, yay! I can comment! (My laptop neve lets me... I'm on my mom's computer :)) You know who else sings around the house ALL the time? ADAM. You'd never suspect it when he's out of the home, but the guy sings constantly, and half the time he makes up his own lyrics (one apparent favorite: "Oh Milly" (our cat's name) to the tune of "Oh Mandy," or whatever that Barry Manilow song is called). I always wish I had a secret camera so I could capture it on film-- SO funny! :D

Anonymous said...

P.S. Hurry up with the pictures! I've been waiting for a batch ever since your "I'm in love with my new camera" post!

Peace is every step said...

Maja, you have to get that on film!

So, mouth-breathing drooler--do you gag yourself in your dreams? Hehehe.

I also am a singing fool. The dance is what completes it for sure.

Julie B said...

I am dying over the saliva!! Makes me drool just thinking about it..hee hee.

I didn't know you wanted to be a foster parent some day..that is my dream as well. Greg is somewhat on board-with stipulations of course-only the age of 5 and under, and when the kids are older (which I agree).

I am also an anti-shopper..I can't even remember the last time I have been to a mall.

I love hearing that everyone in this family sings, which is funny because we didn't go around the house singing growing up , did we? My girls are definitely inheriting this trait, as Mara was going around singing "Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob the Horse" to the tune of Barbara Ann (a little song we made up since Analese named her horse Bob)

Chris said...

OMG!!!! We all are SO sisters! I, also, hate shopping, and drool! Lorrie, I couldn't stop laughing...'cause I can so relate. I sing nonstop, too. Allison's friends have commented to her..."Why is your Mom always singing?"...Allison says that it's so normal that she doesn't even notice it anymore. :) I think we can all blame Dad--every time I hear a Roy Orbison song I think of my childhood. Everyone's impressed when I know all the songs by heart. Who ever thought I'd be singing along to THAT!! We all hated it so much growing up.
Also--love seeing Maja on here!!

My Lifesong said...

We are all singing fools! Dad was the singer with "Roy", NOW he is the whistler! LOL...the drool..I find myself, waking up in the morning,slobbering...yuk! Isn't it nice to share our traits with each other? I used to sing all the time, growing up with my sisters when we had to wash dishes after supper..and there were a lot of dishes to do..helped pass the time quicker.

Peace is every step said...

I'm with you with the drool...but only when people are eating and you can hear it sloshing around hehehe.

Ah, my boy Roy! What memories....aaaaaaaooooooo pretty woman.

I can't stop giggling at "bob, bob, bob, bob, bob the horse". We're raising some fine crazies.

Kaylyn said...

I don't think I am really related to all of you- I could shop all day! :)

Peace is every step said...

Oh, and Julie, we also have a Bob in our household: Baby Bob. Nevie sleeps with Bob every night. Aidan named him Baby Bob when he was about Nevie's age.

Lorrie said...

Alaina's nickname from Jon is Bob and that is the first song she every sang-Bob bob bob bob bob boberann-aww brings back a very cute memory (: