Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

We started the day eating a lot of
fabulous food. Everyone brings
a dish, so it ends up being a lot
of food! I just wish I was hungrier
longer so I could eat more!
Hunter the Cowboy .......................................Hungry Karen? (:


The gathering is held at The Assemblies of God church to accommodate everyone. There is a lot of room for the kids to run and play-It is a great location!











































Another tradition we celebrate is making Gingerbread houses to kick off the holiday season. This is a favorite for Alaina and Jonnie. They did so good this making them all by themselves. It is fun to see how much better they get at creating year after year!











This was Sawyer's first year creating or should I see eating his house. It was soooo yummy!



















































Another tradition is the annual swap meet. Everyone can bring items from home they longer need or use. It is like a free garage sale and you can just take what you want. Sawyer is trying on a vest I found. He wasn't sure what to think of it (: It was more like a vest dress!















So, here is Jon and I at the end of the day content and happy after eating some pie. Notice the fabulous accessories I am wearing-They are a gift from Jonnie from the swap meet (: We had a great day and I love each and every one of Jon's family. They are truly special! Now off to round two on my side-can't wait!

2 comments :

My Lifesong said...

So glad you get together with extended family, and have a great time. Like the yearly traditions, everyone looks like they have fun together.

Julie B said...

it looks like a great time! I LOVE the traditions you have, especially the making the gingerbread houses and the swap! Fun, fun.