Sunday, August 31, 2008

Meet Dex!

Here is our new edition! After a lot of rigamarole (haha, what a funny word), we were finally able to bring Dex home from a shepherd rescue. We finally realized that the foster mom didn't want to give him up and was stretching it out as long as possible. I can see why because so far he has been the best dog.......mellow, sweet, great with the kids. When he first met Sawyer and JOnnie he gently licked their faces, it was so cute and definitely a relief! I couldn't of asked for a better dog and he is just adorable! I know it is just the first day, but I really hope he is always this way (:

Here he is after a long day. He couldn't even lift his head he was so tired. He's making himself at home (:I'll put better pictures on later when he is more active (: I just love him already and our house just feels more complete!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am actually crying, I am so happy for you guys. Dex looks like a wonderful dog, he is beautiful.
I checked your blog hoping to see a picture, thanks for not disappointing me.
Congratulations.
Love, Sandy

Julie B said...

Ahhhh, he is so cute!! He looks so sweet. perfect for you guys!

(holding a sleeping baby, so excuse the errors :))

Peace is every step said...

Hi is soooooooo cute! I love his dog lips. Can't wait to see him in person!!! I'm so glad all is well so far.

Chris said...

You finally got him!!! YAY! Lorrie, he is just beautiful. I love him already, too, and I don't even know him yet. Dex is sure going to be loved in your family. He is a lucky dog.

Sharyn said...

OMG, Lorrie!! You finally found the dog of your dreams!! I'm dying... he's beautiful!! I can't wait to meet him!!