Sunday, August 3, 2008

A "FUN" Day!

Another year of Pennock Fun Days has passed and I had my fill of tractors for some time (:
This years' theme was "Celebrate our State" since it was Minnesota's birthday. As you can see our float said Cruisin Minnesota and we put the little pedal cars on for the little boys to ride in. We had a tent and some pine trees to resemble camping and the girls roasted marshmallows in a fire pit. It turned out cute!

Melanie and Melissa (Jon's sisters) standing beside the float.
Here they all are waiting to start.

Here we are coming down the road throwing candy and freeze pops.

Here's Sawyer throwing daddy a freeze pop. He was so adorable trying to throw the freeze pops to the kids and it would just flop over the side (:

Sawyer's face isn't the greatest here, but I love the background of corn while he is sitting on the tractor. This was after the parade when we were waiting for the tractor pull.
Here's Jonnie pedaling his heart out during the pedal tractor pull.

And he got 2nd place!! Way to go Jonnie!

Now it was Jon's turn during the antique tractor pull. He didn't do quite as well as his son, however. (:
The boys cheering daddy on.

It was a long day and it seems like I end a lot of my posts with Sawyer sleeping....(:

That's all for now!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

All I can say is I wish I had been there, but the next best thing is seeing your blog. Such a fun day, the smiles say it all.
Love, Sandy

Chris said...

What a busy day! The kids look like they had a blast....again. Boy, they pack it all in in one weekend, don't they?
Way to go, Jonnie in the tractor pull!! Maybe you need to give your Dad some pointers. ;)
The last picture is priceless. I miss rocking him to sleep with his hands wrapped in my hair. "sigh"

p.s. His outfit is adorable. ;)

Peace is every step said...

You outdid yourself on the float this year :). I love the picture of you waving like the Miss Atwater that you are.

They are all adorable.

Sharyn said...

Looks like a blast for everyone!! Sounds like Pennock Days could wear anyone out, but who can get enough of all those tractors! :-) I love the pic with the corn behind Sawyer! It is adorable! Way to go, Jonnie, winning the tractor race!!