Sunday, August 10, 2008

Horses, cows, and goats, oh my!

Yesterday, we headed to the fair. Thankfully, it wasn't as hot and humid as previous years and we all had a fun time!

I never knew growing up that I would be surrounded by tractors in my adult life (: My boys love them....

I had to mention that Alaina had her hair cut and the lady straightened it for her. As pretty as she looked, I missed her curlies-they make her who she is (: She had a hard time taking a bath last night because she knew she would be curly again. I really have to invest in a straightener.


On to the animals.....Sawyer loves animals in books and from afar.....his face says it all (:





He didn't realize that geese actually made noise and they all seemed to honk at once when Sawyer walked by. So as you can see, he was terrified and couldn't even walk-we had a good laugh at it..hee hee (:

On to the food....snowcones, cheese curds, mini doughnuts, tacos, milkshakes.....mmmm!



On to the rides....Jonnie is our dare devil and wanted to go on all the large scary rides. He is at a tough age where I think he is still too small to do them and I don't trust that they are safe. But I let him do the tilt-o-whirl and some other not too dangerous ones. Sawyer was also too short to go on the kiddie rides (big surprise, huh?) so Jonnie had to ride a few with him. Poor Jonnie could hardly fit in some of them (:


Jonnie talked Alaina into going on the mini roller coaster (she is not a ride person-she hates them) and she was terrified of this very small roller coaster. Jon and I couldn't stop laughing at her very serious face......I couldn't capture a good picture of it. Jonnie had the giggles the whole time.




Today , I am getting ready for our trip out west. I have lots of laundry to do and want to make cookies and granola for the train ride out. I am having complete anxiety over leaving Sawyer. I know he would hate being on the train for that many hours and hiking in the mountains wouldn't work with him, but I really wish I was bringing him!!!!!! I have never left him before and I am very teary this morning. For some reason he is extra cuddly and giving me kisses out of the blue-do you think he senses something? This morning just the two of us were eating breakfast together and he was so sweet and animated and he was telling me that he wants toys and a baby doll at the grocery store. I totally had tears streaming down my face and he looked at me like I was crazy (maybe that is the reason for all the extra love :)). I know he will have fun with daddy and grandma, but I don't want him to be sad for his mama-o.k. here go the tears again.......
Alright I have to pull myself together-it will be great to be with older kids and do older kid things. I will miss you, too, Jon (:
Anyway, off to the store and start packing! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

3 comments :

Chris said...

Like I said on Dani's...I forgot you're leaving today!! I hope you enjoy your time with the big kids...they'll love it!
Good luck on the train...and I'll see you in SPOKANE!!! (hey..didn't know I was a poet, did ya?)

Should I sneak Mitch in my suitcase?

Lorrie said...

YES!!! He doesn't need to go to his first day of school! I wish he was coming so bad-all your kids, actually.
Yes, we will see you in Spokane (but I think it is pronounced "an" right?:)) Wish us luck!

Chris said...

Yeah, as I re-read it, it really didn't rhyme. Sorry....I'm a loser. :)

I really wish the kids were coming, too. I'm nervous about leaving them as well...having Chuck to get them ready and send them off. I bet he won't even make cookies for them when they get home from school. :(