Saturday, August 23, 2008

Spokane/Wedding pics

Now onto the second part of our trip. Some of you may think it is picture overload, but it will be fun for me to look back over it all and see all the pictures. (:

We decided to drive from Glacier to Spokane to save time (5 hours driving vs. 9 on the train) and to see the sights. We took the back roads and it was so awesome to see all the ranches and mountain towns. I loved it and if I could ever talk Jon into moving, I would love to move to western Montana-I just love the big open sky and the mountains. I took some pictures from the car so not the best quality....

We ran into a huge forest fire-once again this picture doesn't show what it really looked like. There was a lot burning and it was almost to the cutest little farm place-I hope they stopped it in time....... The kids thought it was cool to see the helicopters getting ready to dump water.
It took us a little longer than we thought to get to Spokane because once we hit the interstate we thought it would go really fast, BUT once we got there (it was dark at this point) we realized there were no lights, huge mountains on both sides (like we were in a tunnel) and the paint on the road was all but faded. So poor Danielle was about having a panic attack because she couldn't see and we were winding up and down hills, over bridges, etc.. It was a little stressful for awhile!

We finally made it and the next day I was able to finally see my sweet niece, Luci....

Here we are the day before the wedding at the community pool near Maja's parents house. It was very hot out and the kids loved swimming!


Maja, Luci, and Danielle

Alaina really took to the water and was jumping and diving in! I was so proud of her-you've come a long way baby! (: There was this neighbor (Phil) that played games with the kids and got Alaina involved in the "bubblegum olympics" as he called it. She loved it!

WEDDING DAY! Every one looked so beautiful.....I thought I was going to melt as it was 107 degrees!

Jonnie and Aidan were ring bearers and Alaina and Luci were flower girls.



The sisters all arrived in black and no we did not plan it (: It looked nice in pictures!



Did I mention it was 107 degrees?


Princess Alaina

Jonnie informed me he was melting and needed to go to the emergency room (:

Some of my pictures in the church turned out dark and some when I put them on the computer look fuzzy, but it is the best I could do (:
Entertaining Miss Luci



LeBon Family

DeWolf Family
( I thought it would be cool if Maja hyphenated names - Maja LeBon-Dewolf sounds cool :))

Wedding party


Maja was so beautiful in every picture!


The ceremony begins....


Maja's mom and brothers, Charles and Peter











The cake was so beautiful and delicious! Every layer was a different flavor....yum!
Eating all the chocolate (big surprise)
Danielle and Christine

Sharyn, Alaina, and I

I just don't have enough pictures of just me and my parents.


Best man was Dwayne, friend of Adam's and Maid of Honor was Maja's sister, Robin

My beautiful children


Here they are taking care of Luci








Maja's brother sang the first dance for Adam and Maja-it was just beautiful and he was awesome!

Maja and her dad, David

Let the dancing begin! I wish I would have taken more pictures of the dancing-we sure love to dance don't we?




Let the break dancing begin...


Jonnie sure loves to dance (:


To end our trip we were back on the train for about 30 hours and we did a whole lot of this......



It was a wonderful vacation and the wedding was just beautiful! I am so thrilled to add you, Maja into our family and it was great meeting your family-they are just wonderful! I can't wait to travel out west to visit again!

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures Lorrie, you are so beautiful as are your children. What an awesome trip and Karen had fun with Sawyer:) She really did!
Love, Sandy

Chris said...

I, again, love all the pictures. When my girls saw the pictures, they said right away that Luci looks like the girl version of Sawyer. I didn't see it until that first picture of Luci on here. I think they have the same mouth.

I'm missing Sukey....post a pic of him....PLEEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!!

Lorrie said...

Oh, all right....(: I thought he seemed older and talked more when I came home. The first thing I did with him was take a nap together in my bed. He had to make up for some lost hair time and I just needed to snuggle him like crazy!! (:

Peace is every step said...

OK no fair with the pic of me with my eyes rolling in the back of my head. Payback is a bitch. :)

Lorrie said...

Hahahaha! I couldn't resist (: I am sure you have your fair share of me, but I know you are a kind and loving sister and would not do that to me, right? (:

My Lifesong said...

You captured your trip beautifully with the photos. Glad you got a lot of the wedding and reception. What a trip and wedding, right? Danielle, you're right..it wasn't your most flattering picture, but it does say it all.

Maja said...

These were so GREAT! Thank you so much for posting them all! I basically stole them all and saved them to my computer... :) I laughed so hard at the one of you, Danielle... sorry. :D And yes, I do agree that Luci and Sawyer look alike!