Monday, March 3, 2008

Book Tag

I am finally doing the book tag I was tagged to do, and I thought it was fun since I am a huge reader and LOVE books. Honestly, I have to read every night before bed and am always in search of my next read.

One book that's changed your life:


Dr. Wayne Dyer's new book "Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living The Wisdom Of The Tao." He has been a recent inspiration to me as I just started reading this book-What a kind, beautiful man and he has already affected my life.
Also, "The pig who sang to the moon" by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson. This book made me change my way of eating and I stopped eating beef and pork from that day on. It tells how farm animals feel emotion and fear and it broke my heart at how we treat these beautiful animals that have absolutely no say in their lives and frankly, their deaths.

One book that you've read more than once:

"Wake up, sleepy bear" by Greg Shaw. I actually read it everyday whether I want to or not (:
That is the current favorite of Sawyer, but over the years I have read the same children's books over and over and over......
I've also read many good education texts over and over.

One book you'd want on a desert island:

Since I would be on a beach, I would want a juicy novel-Anything written by Nora Roberts would do.

Two books that made you laugh:

The Plum series by Janet Evanovich
"Marley and me" by John Grogan

One book that made you cry:

"Emma and Me" by Elizabeth Flock-It is a heartbreaking story about child abuse.

One book that you wish had been written:

"How to make a ton of money from home without having to do a lot of work" and have it really work!!

One book that you wish had never been written:

This one was hard for me as I think most books have a place in the world. One I can recall seeing in college (can't remember the name of though) was about how to successfully commit suicide. It went into details such as the best rope and knots to use when hanging yourself, etc. It was eerily graphic and medical and just sad!

Two books you are currently reading:

"An Unfinished Life" by Mark Spragg
"Lily and the Lost Boy" by Paula Fox This one I am reading nightly to Jonnie.

One book you're meaning to read:

"Pride and Prejudice" Everyone has this on their favorites list and I have never read it-but will soon!

So, now I am supposed to tag other people and honestly I think everyone I know has been tagged already!

3 comments :

Peace is every step said...

I have the Dr. Wayne book on tape on hold for me at the library. Can't wait to listen to it!

I agree, most books have a place in this world...if it's controversial, it gets people talking & thinking (well, most).

Julie B said...

I love reading these! You find out things you never knew...like I never realized the reason you stopped eating beef and pork (a very good one too!)
The Dr. Wayne book sounds great! May have to get that one too :)

Julie B said...

I'll try and get to mine this weekend!