Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008

I hope everyone had a great Easter-I felt Easter was a lot of fun this year. Even though it was an odd Easter with all the snow and only being in the low 30's, we made the best of it. I had so many pictures, it was so hard to choose which ones to put on here.

Danielle, Aidan, and Neve came over Saturday before Easter to decorate eggs-it was fun to have them over and it has become a tradition as we got together last year, too. Next year we are going to do the fancy eggs, right?

I love this picture of Jonnie and Aidan, they both have beautiful eyes (:


Nevie is all about pink these days.....she loved painting!

Easter morning and the hunt begins.....I laugh every time I see this picture!

Alaina riding her giraffe in search of her basket.....

Sawyer found his and seemed a little confused why it was there.

Jonnie's was behind the bathroom door-again-it was in the same spot as last year-oops...

Alaina's was under the kitchen table-she's still riding the giraffe.....(:

After church we headed over to the Swanson's for lunch and easter fun. The only picture I got of the three of them...this is the typical Jonnie face when I do or say something he doesn't like (:
Two very handsome boys! I love Tuckers hand in his pocket and Sawyers sweet face.

We try every holiday to get a nice picture of the 6 of them and this is the best one I got where they are all sitting and faced forward. Maybe next holiday......

It wouldn't be Easter without an egg hunt-snow or not, we were going to have the hunt! The kids loved it (I was freezing in my dress) and Sawyer walked around with a perma-grin on his face saying, "weeeee!" The kids were each assigned a color and Jon and Tim just placed them around the driveway so they didn't have to walk in the snow.

Notice the perma-grin....(:

Here's the three youngest waiting for their Easter basket from grandma

Wow, such treasures!

The oldest three enjoying their baskets!

Getting some grandma love before heading out to the LeBon Easter.

So, here are the girls that were there at my mom's.
Alaina, Ashley, Nvea, and Allison

Here are the handsome boys (and one pretty little girl)
Nvea, Aidan, Mitchell, Tanner, and Jonnie
All of mom's plant make it look very springy (:

Nevie loved Sawyer and kept giving him lots of hugs.....

Someone else gave him lots of hugs, too (:

We weren't as brave or willing to do an easter egg outside here, so we had it in the house. Ashley and Alaina were a team and Alaina decided it would be best to ride Ashley's back. First the giraffe and then her cousin-maybe I should get this girl a horse (:

I just love this picture of her....

Enjoying some of the candy from the hunt. Grandma Jeanne gave each of the kids a chocolate bunny and sawyer got a stick horse. He wasn't too sure of it right away,but now he loves it and "rides" it around the house (:

Honestly, I could have put a lot more pictures on here, but I think that is enough. You are probably thinking the same thing. (: Hope to see everyone else's pictures, too!

3 comments :

Peace is every step said...

Oh, I love seeing the pictures! Yes, next year WE ARE doing the Ukranian eggs!!!

Kaylyn said...

You have such beautiful children! I wish we could celebrate Easter with you all- it looks like fun!

Julie B said...

You have to put titles on your posts! I keep missing these :)

I love all the photos-so glad you posted lots! It looks like the kids had a great time!