Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring break week

Hey, all! I know it has been awhile.....I took a little break from the computer last week, plus it was hard to sit on here with the kids home on Spring break! I am back now and we had a great week. I will put the Easter pictures on tomorrow, since I already have a bunch to show you from last week. Here are a few of the highlights.....

Sawyer LOVED having his sister and brother home everyday. He tries to copy them all the time and think he is a big kid just like them.

The week was filled with lots of creativity. The kids love to create things, here is just one picture of the many projects they worked on.

There was also a lot of dress-up going on daily.....here are a few of the costumes (:

Fashionista

Basketball Star

On Friday, we were blessed with 11 inches of snow-just in time for Easter! The kids loved it and it was actually quite fun-it was in the 30's so it was nice to be outside and play-hopefully for the last time (didn't I write that before.....).

Hunter and Sawyer giving the snowman kisses

Sliding down the hill and getting stuck in the heavy snow at the bottom-weeee!

Beautiful spring snow

Ready to play in the snow

After playing in the snow the kids dyed eggs at Grandma Karen's house. This was Sawyers first year and he loved it! Many an egg cracked, but who cares when he was trying so hard to do it. He also enjoyed trying the vinegar dye-mmm tasty! Hunter even had blue lips from having a taste!

My niece Katelyn was up visiting and they had fun creating beautiful eggs!
Here is the gang.

The snow and egg decorating wore somebody out-poor thing was talking one second and out the next-he is not used to all the fresh air and playing in the snow, I guess!

Later that night Alaina and I played dress-up with my old bridesmaid dresses-she had a blast and so did I! I was thrilled that I could still fit into the dresses-one tighter than others, though :(

So, here we are-I couldn't take a picture of the full outfits and get our faces...Notice Jonnie's lovely red lips (:

Well, that is a condensed version of our spring break week-we didn't do anything big, but we always seemed busy. One of these years, I will be able to travel somewhere warm during break-someday, sigh.....

I'll get the Easter pictures on tomorrow!

1 comment :

Julie B said...

it looks like you all had a great week! I love the photos-especially our little Sawyer asleep in his chair...my girls would never do that!

I can't believe you got 11 inches of snow! Yikes! We are anxiously awaiting Spring here-with lots of our Spring flowers starting to bloom and Greg and the girls have already started planting some of the cold weather veggies. I don't know we would do with more snow...no wait, we would do the same thing you did of course :)

Can't wait to see some Easter photos and here about the big day!