Friday, March 7, 2008

Weekend Report

Well, here it is the weekend again. This week flew by, I thought. Work was busy so I suppose that makes the days go faster. Who else is tired of this long, cold winter??? I can't wait for spring and it just never seems to get any warmer. Easter this year is going to be snowy and cold, I bet!

The biggest highlight this week was Jonnie's songfest. He was so adorable because he was so excited about it. Since it was his first songfest, he REALLY wanted his big sister to come watch him. So, I got her out of school early so she could see him-how could I say no to that? (: He looked cute up there and he was so serious! I could tell he wanted to get all the moves just right-I also think he gets so into watching everyone else, he forgets to sing (: Here are a few pictures, but they didn't turn out all that well.
Here is the a video of Jonnie having a "special part" at the songfest-he got to do a special dance with some of his classmates. Notice the little girl in pink-she has had a crush on Jonnie since Kindergarten. Her mom and I were laughing and saying we will blow up the picture of them holding hands on their graduation day (: Update: For some reason the video wouldn't upload right, so I will try again tomorrow..

After the songfest, Grandpa Earl and Grandma Jeanne went out for ice cream with us at Dairy Queen. I had noticed a very strong odor in Jonnie's classroom when we were picking him up and I soon realized it was Sawyer-I quickly grabbed him out of there and believe me it was sooo bad!! I didn't have anything to change him with on me, so I figured I would do it when we got to Dairy Queen. As soon as we got in the bathroom, I noticed there was no changing table-who doesn't have changing tables this day and age and what on earth did parents do in the old days? Anyway, it had been snowing so the floor was wet and dirty and I soon found out that I did not have any wipes in my purse like I do any other time....So, to make a long story short I had to lay the poor boy on the bathroom floor and wet gobs of toilet paper just to clean him up. It was one of those moments that you wish you weren't the mother! He was so good and laid there good as gold-probably because I was running around frantic-YUCK! We enjoyed our ice cream after that though......Thought you all would enjoy that story (:

We had a pretty quiet Friday night. We all vegged out in front of the T.V. and went to bed early. I exercised on Friday morning and did something to my knee, so I can barely walk ): I really feel like I can't do things like I used to. I may have to take down the exercise chart as it is pretty pathetic (: It really hasn't motivated me to do anything like I thought it would. We'll see!

Jon is doing great with the no smoking-He is down to 1 cigarette a day. So keep supporting him and encouraging him!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend-it is now snowing and we have at least 2 inches- who knew it was even supposed to snow today!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I remember those songfests, the kids would be so excited to be in the spot light. I can't believe how grown up Jon is looking. What a good mom to let Alaina be a part of it too. The story about Sawyer is just too funny. What did us moms do before changing tables? Just what you did :o)
Aunt Sandy

Peace is every step said...

Ah songfest! I love his serious faces. Any time Jonnie boy is serious is funny to me.

And by the way, you have competition for the "rock hard body". Today, I officially joined Curves. Am I old or what?!?!? When did this happen?

Lorrie said...

Alright, now that I have competition with a couple of you, I have to really get busy! We have a Curves here, also-but I don't think I am old enough-haha! You'll have to let me know what you think-I was thinking of joining something.....Obviously can't do it on my own-I think I am waiting for it to warm up and then I can walk (:

It's been awhile, Sandy! Glad to hear from you again (:

Peace is every step said...

I LOVE Curves so far (been there four times this week!). It is soooo non-intimidating. I think its what I need as a jump start to getting into a workout routine.

My legs and butt are so sore. So it must be working. YAY!