Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

I survived another Christmas!! Hard to believe all the stress involved for one day and then it's all over. But, we really had a great Christmas filled with family, food, and some great gifts.

We started out with our usual candlelight church service at old Mamre and then over to my in-laws for Swedish meatballs, etc. I forgot my camera ): So no pictures over there. We ate a lot of great food and all received some pretty awesome gifts-thanks again all of you!

My pictures begin when we arrived home and did our preparations before heading to bed. Jonnie wrote the Santa letter again and got the milk and cookies ready.



All set!



Next, we read our usual books-"Twas the night before Christmas" and "Room for a little one."




And off to bed they go. They all slept up in Alaina's room and Sawyer lasted until midnight and had to sleep in his own bed, and Jonnie lasted until about 12:30 until he got into a fight with Alaina and then went back into his own bed. Sigh....It was a late night before Santa was able to bring his gifts.



Santa finally arrived and it looks like they were all pretty good.



Stocking were hung and filled and Sawyer's was too heavy with play-doh to be hung back up.



This is probably too dark to see, but it's Santa's response.



Christmas morning! They were up early and were tired, but that doesn't matter when there are gifts involved!




Gifts were passed out....



Now time to open!






Checking out the stockings!



Dad made breakfast and here they are waiting patiently drinking their coffee.



Here's Superman bending steel, no big deal.



Then, we were off to my parents. Every year we celebrate a different country, but this year we decided to have a Slumber Party theme. We all came in our jammies (except one scrooge, my husband), had appetizers throughout the day like meatballs, chicken wings, turkey sandwiches, a couple hot dips, fruit and dip, played a couple board games, made popcorn and watched a movie, and visited and had fun with my sisters and nieces, nephews, and parents.

Here are my parents with my nieces Cassidy, Courtney, and Raquel.



Here are the Stutleberg ladies.



The Gort kids, Nevie, Liam, and Aidan



The Gort Family in matching monkey sock pajamas-so cute!



Our family, this is the first time Sawyer did not want his picture taken...



Stutelberg girls again.



Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids that were there, and yes, this was the best picture-hahaha!



And here we all are-well the ones that were there that day. I thought it turned out pretty cute. My favorite part was the rabbit ears behind my head from Nevie! (:



Opening gifts and we followed the theme here and everyone got stuff related to slumber a slumber party, such as pajamas, robes, slippers, popcorn, diaries, blankets, etc.



My last picture is the wrapping paper fight the kids got into with Grandpa-it ended with the kids throwing paper in his sweatshirt! They all loved it, including grandpa (:



Whew, so that's it and today I am exhausted! I am excited the kids are home all week and I can sleep in and have some fun with them! Hope everyone had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment :

My Lifesong said...

Love your posts, Lorrie. I finished all my posts a few days age, but for some reason, they weren't published, so now that has been taken care of. Now to keep them up.