Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tis the season

We put up our tree a couple days after Thanksgiving and once again the kids carried the tree up from the basement and put it together for me (: It sure makes decorating a lot easier!



This is the first year Sawyer didn't hang all his ornaments on one branch! He's growing up!






I guess I didn't get a final tree picture this year. Just look at last years pic and it is the same (:

We kicked off the season at Karen's work Christmas party. It is always a good time and we eat good "kid friendly" food, play games, do crafts,and get to talk to Santa. It was a fun afternoon!





This is the only thing I could get Alaina to do-pose for the picture. She felt too old to do any of the other games. I knew the day would come ):


The Santa Semi has rolled through town and it is quick, but fun for the kids. I think this is the first year I didn't get any pictures of the actual semi!

Here's Jonnie dancing with one of the characters right away.



Jon and Alaina trying to stay warm.



"Oh, Spiderman, cool!"



The kids posing on the sled on the semi. I love this picture (:



I was surprised when Sawyer went up to the bear and hugged it and then danced a little while. That was a first for him!



Then we went inside for cider and cookies and chat with Santa. Sawyer told him he wanted a motor-cross bike and Jonnie said he wanted a go-cart. Dream on, boys...



Next up, is the Christmas program at church. Even though we had a blizzard the previous two days, the show went on, and the usually crowded church was pretty empty. We really could have used one more week to practice, but in a way it was nice to get it done and over.

Sawyer was a farm animal and luckily we borrowed my nephew Hunter's horse costume from Halloween (thanks again, Mel). By the time the play started all the little ones were tired and sick of it. They looked cute, though.





Alaina opted not to be in the play this year and instead played a few Christmas songs throughout and she sounded beautiful!



Jonnie was a wise men and did an awesome job. He knew his lines and just what to do.




And here they all are singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" at the end. Whew, it is nice to be done!




And that wraps up a few of the x-mas festivities we've done so far this season! We've had a lot of snow, so everything is looking Christmasy! Hope everyone else is enjoying the holidays this year!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love your posts and your pictures Lorrie, all of them, it is so fun to be a part of the fun in your family. You and Jon are such good parents, these are memories you will cherish. I know I don't have to tell you how quickly it all passes.
Love, Sandy

Lorrie said...

Thanks Sandy (:

Anonymous said...

This is a really cool blog! I know Cassidy Stutelberg really well, and i was looking up her old track times, and this page came up and I started reading it! I know I probably sound like a creep, but still, you have a great family.