Monday, December 20, 2010

Stupendous Six??

The word is out everywhere but here and if you have not heard the news, I am expecting again! The little one will arrive this summer, July 14th to be exact or a little later as I always seem to go over.

I will be honest on here as this pregnancy took me totally by surprise. I never thought we would have a surprise baby as we have done nothing different for the last 4 1/2 years and nothing ever happened. But, everything must of lined up perfectly and it was just meant to be and I am fine with it. I was worried, stressed, and overwhelmed right before I "officially" found out, but as soon as I took the test a sense of peace and joy came over me. It's hard to explain, but at that moment I got over all my fears and really wanted this baby.

We are about as unprepared as if it were our first baby as I have been slowly getting rid of baby stuff over the years and just this last October I had a garage sale and got rid of the last of it (not knowing a few weeks later I'd find out I was pregnant). Also, I had the kids pictures taken in early Oct. and spent a lot of money thinking now I can since this is all my kids. Guess again (:

A positive look at it all is that my children are older and more manageable (: Plus, they will be a big help. It will be heavenly to have them look after the baby when I take a shower or bath, something I have never been able to do with the others! The baby would just come in there with me and I only had as long as the baby let me (: I'm a little worried about the loss of sleep, however. I like my sleep. So, let's all pray this baby is a good sleeper.

I waited almost a whole month before I told Jon. He's been wanting #4 since shortly after I had Sawyer. I think I finally had him convinced 3 was great and we were done. So I wanted to really surprise him and waited for his birthday (which is Nov. 16) and wrote it in his birthday card. His face was priceless and then he just stared at me for the longest time. Finally, he said, Really? Really? When I nodded he just got a huge grin on his face and gave me a huge hug. He couldn't even speak for awhile, he was so overcome with emotion. That moment made the torture of keeping it to myself so long worth it.

A little while later, we showed the kids the card. Alaina just said "YES!" and was giggling. Jonnie started screaming and jumping up and down and screaming, "WHAT? WHAT?" Sawyer was the funniest and started hugging and kissing his daddy over and over and he didn't even know what was going on! It was the best moment. I, of course, was bawling and Jon, who won't admit this, was crying as well. It was a great moment and their excitement and joy started making me more excited, too! Here is a picture of it, but it doesn't quite capture the moment. I wish I got it on video.



And here is the baby. He/she looks like a little kitten in my opinion. Still contemplating finding out the sex. I really want to, but then it would be fun to have one last surprise. We'll see, I have until February to decide.



I am sure I will have plenty of belly shots in the months to come. I am not really showing yet at 11 weeks, but I know that will change quickly!

No comments :