Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School has begun

Wow, 6am is a whole other world isn't it? I haven't had to get up that early for so long. It felt great today to get up, make a good breakfast for the kids (which they ate 2 bites of ) and start my day. By 10 I had so much done! I'm not really ready for the kids to be back in school, but I never am. It was sure quiet today with just Sawyer around (:

Here is my big girl off to the Middle School this year. She is growing up so fast. Every year the radio station plays a 5 year girl talking about her first day of Kindergarten and it is titled "I hope you treat me well" (I think) and it is a tear-jerker. I was avoiding having to listen to it this year as I was feeling emotional sending her to a big school and worried she wouldn't know where to go or what to do, etc. I didn't hear it until I dropped her off and was on my way to drop off Jonnie and of course the tears came. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her to kindergarten. Now she has so many other worries to think about as a pre-teen. My prayers are for her to have a smooth middle school experience.

She was excited and nervous this morning, but when she got off the bus this afternoon she was all smiles and talked our ear off for about an hour and told us everything-that is a good sign! So far, so good and she really liked her teachers, too.


Here's my big boy on his way to third grade!! I used to think 3rd grade boys were so old, now I know they are not-haha. I laughed at how quiet the school was today and how all the kids sit quietly at there desks and oh, how that doesn't last long (:

He was bouncing off the walls this morning and sooooo excited to get there. Once we got there he was very quiet and serious. Once he got home again he was once again singing and bouncing around. His day went really well and he got off the bus saying, "this is going to be the best year ever, I LOVE my teacher!" I was beyond happy to hear this as Jonnie doesn't do well with change and he is going to a much bigger school this year, but he is lovin it so far!
Let's hope day number 2 goes equally as well!

No comments :