Friday, September 25, 2009

"Ladies and Gentlemen...."

I went to a circus today. I know, hard to believe as I said I would never go to a circus, but what do you do when you son wants you to chaperon his class trip to the circus? You say yes, of course. The only reason I have banned all circuses in my life over the years is I strongly believe that wild animals should not be trained (abused) for our viewing pleasure. There is nothing natural or fun about an elephant standing on a ball or a tiger jumping through a ring of fire-esp. when the tigers are cowering every time the "trainer" comes close to them. Ok, it needed to be said and I am done.

Onto the day....here is Jonnie's class. He has a very nice class this year and I just love his teacher (have I said that before :)). It was so exciting for them all to be there.

Each student received a ticket for a snow cone or cotton candy and at intermission they had a drawing for 5 bikes-Jonnie really wanted to win a new bike. Especially since it is his birthday and all this weekend. It would have been nice, but there were hundreds of 3rd graders there and we are never that lucky.
The show was for all the 3rd graders from our town as well as all the surrounding schools/towns. Who knew there were that many 3rd graders in the area (:

My favorite part-not the best pictures, sorry.

This right here makes it all worth it and I actually really enjoyed it (minus the animals). There was a lot of cool things the acrobats, etc. did.
Jonnie loved it, too (:
Happy Friday!

1 comment :

Julie B said...

I know how you feel...feeling the same way about circuses! Greg took the girls last spring, which we were not thrilled about, but Analese had been asking for months to go to a circus. She came home in tears because she saw one of the animals being hit...so sad for her, but a good lesson as to why we don't like to go and support them!
Anyway..I am sure Jonnie loved having you there with him! That's the most important thing, isn't it?