Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dog lovers paradise

That's right I am talking about Prairie Pothole Day! This is the first time I have been there. I took the kids (minus Jonnie but that is a whole other blog) to check it out and we had so much fun. For those who don't know what I am talking about it is a whole day full of activities geared to duck hunting, saving wetlands, and dogs-lots and lots of dogs-I loved it! The majority of dogs were labs (which I love) and they were participating in all sorts of retriever stuff. It was definitely geared towards families and it was all free-can't beat that!

Sawyer and Alaina were in heaven at all the puppies there-I am sure there were over 50 puppies that people brought and they were soooooo adorable.


They had a whole area for kids to learn about salamanders, butterflies, look at different things under a microscope, etc. Sawyer loved all of this. Then he heard talk of a snake in the area and ran over to see...
And that little guy walked right up to the lady and asked to hold it! I kind of looked at her and she said, "sure!" He thought it was the coolest thing and I was dying over my baby holding a boa constrictor. After a little while he looks at the lady and says, "It's getting heavy." He is so cute, I can't stand it (:
Next up was a bearded dragon-he wanted to hold this one, too but the lady couldn't hear him ask.

One of my favorite parts was watching the dogs jump in the water. Not sure what you call it, but it was fun to watch.

Next year I definitely want to bring Jonnie as I think he would love it. I would love for him to try out archery. Him and I have been talking about trying to take a class together on how to do it-we'll see. Hope everyone in having a great weekend!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the snake picture!!!! Sawyer you are so brave! I don't think I could do that. How did you get home without a new puppy???

Melanie