Friday, April 4, 2008

Happy Friday

Well, can it be? Can it really be warming up outside?!? I have gotten my hopes up before and then we have 10 inches of snow...... This week even we went from the kids getting out of school early Monday because we were getting 9 inches of snow to playing outside WITHOUT our winter coats on yesterday! It felt wonderful and I hope it keeps getting warmer.


I am totally getting spring fever. Isn't it funny how every spring you look around your house and realize how blah everything looks? I am starting some spring cleaning today and getting that overwhelmed feeling and not knowing where to start (that is why I took a break and am sitting on the computer) so I keep putting it off. I have gotten some stuff done in the kitchen-throwing stuff from drawers that I haven't used in years, then I realize it would look really nice if I painted again and a new table would be nice, and I would still really like to knock down the wall between the kitchen and living room, etc, etc..... Now you get a hint as to why I get nothing done....sigh, I will at least get one room done a day, maybe.....

Another reason for the spring cleaning is it is time for a garage sale!! I am having mine next Saturday the 12th if anyone in the area is interested in bringing stuff over-the more the better! I am hoping to make some money for a trip this summer. The older two kids and I are headed to Washington state for my brothers wedding. We are going to go by train and make it an adventure! I can't wait!!! I have been wanting to go out west for awhile now and I am so excited to see my niece Luci, oh, and you too, Adam and Maja (:

I have been meaning to post more this week, but I have been under the weather and by the time I have a free moment to sit on here it is usually after 9 and by then I am hacking up a lung and wallowing in my sickness under my blanket vegging out. This week was nice in that the older kids got in trouble Monday and their consequence was to be in bed by 8:00 sharp all week and believe me it was really, really nice....(: Now if only they can get in trouble next week, too (:

Well, that's it for now. Back to cleaning and sorting. Sawyer is down for a nap so I better really take advantage of it. He hasn't even let me leave his side all morning or he is screaming my name. :) Here is a couple pictures of him entertaining himself while I was busy......TGIF!

2 comments :

Julie B said...

We had one nice day earlier this week with 70 degree temps...spring fever has definitely begun here too :)

I too am feeling overwhelmed with what I want to do and what I can actually accomplish. I cannot wait until school is done...just no time right now.

I wish we could do a yard sale! Theres so much we need to give away. I hope yours goes great!

So you decided to leave Sawyer at home? Its probably the best decision with the train ride and everything. We still cannot seem to make a decision as to what we are going to do....

Lorrie said...

I am still not 100% sure I am leaving him home. That will be the best, but I do not know if I can be gone from him that long.....that is my biggest worry right now-but there is time and we'll see what happens (: