Friday, September 16, 2011

Two months old



Cora is officially 2 months old already! I feel like I just brought her home!!

We had her to the doctor and all is good. We found out that her larger than normal belly button is actually a hernia and will eventually fix itself and she will have a "normal" belly button eventually. So I am not happy she has a hernia, but am relieved there is a reason and it will look better (: She had to have 3 shots and an oral vaccine and I felt horrible as usual pumping her little body full of all that, but I know it is for the best in the long run. She only screamed for about 10 seconds, but complained for quite a few minutes afterward (: Later that afternoon she screamed like I never heard her before every time she moved her little legs-it was so sad ): She recovered quickly though and has been better the last day or so.

It is fun for me to compare her growth to her sister and brothers, so I got out their baby books and looked up their weights and heights when they were 2 months.
Alaina was 9# 12 oz. and 23 inches long
Jonnie was 12# 1 oz. and 23 1/2 inches long (I remember thinking I was going to have a really big boy :))
Sawyer was 10# 6 oz. and 23 inches long.
I guess I never wrote that Cora is 10# 6 oz. and 22 inches long. So she weighed the same as Sawyer but is an inch shorter than he was. She is in the 50th percentile for weight, height, and head measurement. Time will tell if she will be like the rest of them and be in the 5th-25th percentile eventually.



She still likes to snuggle, especially in the night (and I am not complaining) and is very smiley. She also is "talking" more and enjoys playing on the floor for short periods. She is definitely still a mommies girl and I'm not complaining about that either!

1 comment :

Lorrie said...

HAHAHA, her pants are up to her boobs on the last one!!!

Alaina