Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back to school


Alaina is in 8th grade and her last year at the Middle School. I think she enjoys being the oldest in her school, but says this year so far is really boring. She has some pretty boring teachers, I think, and I wish they would do something to liven it up or make it fun for them. Also, she really hates Phy-Ed and I have heard a lot of complaining on the days she has it. I keep trying to tell her in the long run, phy-ed does not matter. Hopefully it will sink in. She still loves to create things and loves Art. She tries to paint something weekly at home and is currently in Art at school so she likes that. She still loves orchestra and playing her cello.


Jonnie is in 5th grade this year. So far he is enjoying it, but he is quickly finding out that 5th grade is harder than 4th and he really needs to keep himself organized. I think the teachers are trying to prepare them for Middle School next year. I have to keep reminding myself not to swoop in and organize everything for him. I want him to do it and come up with what best works for him so that next year is not such a shock. It is very hard for me though. He currently is not involved in any extra curricular activities unless you call girls extra curricular! He is already getting girl crazy and I know it won't ever stop now! It is funny for me to hear and to hear what different girls like him (: I am trying to talk him into trying out for the Jack and Beanstalk play starting in October, but we'll see. I think he would enjoy acting as he is on the dramatic side!


Sawyer is in his second year of preschool. We thought he would benefit from one more year of preschool where he will be the oldest and build more confidence before he enters Kindergarten. I am glad we made that decision because his stuttering has increased lately and he has become very bashful and worried about school-new kids, etc. I think the stuttering and baby-talk (which honestly drives me insane!) comes from the birth of Cora and will improve soon. Currently he is very into cars and racing cars. It amazes me daily how much he knows about them and that is all he plays these days. He even brings them in the tub! He loves having mom to himself (for the most part) during the day and it's nice for me to be able to do things when the older two aren't home.

Have a great year you guys!

No comments :