Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Swimmers

This year I decided to do private lessons for the boys since Jonnie has been in level 2 for quite a few years and just can't seem to pass it due to the front crawl. He was worried he would be the oldest one in the class and that embarrassed him. This was Sawyer's first year at lessons and instead of enrolling him in level 1 where all they pretty much do is stand on the tot dock and play games, I signed him up for private lessons, as well. It was the best thing and I loved that they got all the attention. Plus, it was only half hour lessons instead of the hour lessons we had to do before when there was so many students. I was so proud of them both!

Here is the last night and I was AMAZED at how awesome they both did after only 8 lessons!

Here is Jonnie starting on his front crawl.



He did it, he did it!! He finally mastered the front crawl and passed level 2 on the last night of lessons!



Sawyer floating on his back and front. At one point she even let go and he stayed floating!



Here he is jumping off the side of the pool and going under.



Sawyer has never been as scared of water as the other two, but I was amazed at what he would do. He wore a life jacket for part of it and they would swim in the deepest water and Sawyer thought nothing of it.

Way to go boys!!

1 comment :

My Lifesong said...

Yahoo! Proud of you Jonnie, and that's my man, Sawyer!