Thursday, October 28, 2010

We are approaching winter.....

I am feeling down these days. I think it is the change in weather and I know winter is coming and fall is ending. I get this way every year and I dread the long, cold winter. Everything seems so overwhelming, too. Holidays are coming and I never have enough money to do everything I want with and for the kids, and there is always something going on with school stuff for the kids...I am not very organized with myself and it is always challenging for me to keep track of everything they need, too. This year seems especially challenging with Jonnie and Sawyer. Jonnie has so many projects and homework to be done nightly, that it is like I have homework just trying to keep up with it all and make sure he gets it done. I know I should be letting him be more responsible for it all, but honestly he is a lot like his mother and organization is a struggle for him. Sawyer also has a lot of things I have to remember for preschool. It's adorable and wonderful, but it's little things like having to bring him to school at 7:00 am for donuts with dad and hoping Jon gets off work in time to be there. And, I have the other 2 at home getting ready for school by themselves. I know, it seems trivial, but it is just one more thing to figure out. It's just the mood I am in and I know I will be better tomorrow....
Also, Halloween is approaching fast and I haven't bought anyone costumes yet. Luckily Sawyer wanted to be Batman and I already had that one in the dress up bin. So I was grateful he had a costume to wear for school today. I think it all boils down to money this time of year. So much is due and so much is expected from us, it just gets overwhelming at times.
Now I am going to go drink some tea and maybe throw in another endless load of laundry...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Lorrie, I remember those days so well, try to take them one day at a time and not get overwhelmed. Let go of some things like trying to keep a perfect house, no one will ever remember if the house was clean or messy and sometimes baked goods have to be a mix or completely store bought. What will be remembered is the time you spend with your family.
You are a good mom, be sure to take care of yourself.
Love you, Sandy

Lorrie said...

Thanks Sandy. I definitely need to find some balance these days. It's funny with school, the teacher in me is loving everything they are doing, but the mother in me is screaming, "what else do I have to do!" I think I will have to go on a date night with Jon this weekend and do something adult-like. (:
Love you, too.