Friday, May 29, 2009

Week in Review

What have we been up to lately? Well, first off the garage sale went well. I made about $125 and my friend, Julie made about $175, so overall we did ok. It was a lot of work, but I guess I got some money out of it so it was worth it. Here are all our kids in the back of Jon's old pick-up. Between ours and the neighbor kids coming over, we had a bunch and the kids thought it was a blast!

The next day, I got my garden in. This year I planted celery, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, radishes (don't ask me why), carrots, tomatoes, and different kinds of peppers. Hopefully, I can keep it all alive this year!
The next day, Jonnie had his field day. Boys this age are very competitive and it is all about winning! It was fun to watch him run around (:

Jonnie and his friend Chadwick



The next day we celebrated Ollie's 1st birthday. Thanks great-grandma for the wonderful gifts! It's hard to believe we've already had him for a year! Happy Birthday Ollie!


The next day I headed over to Alaina's field day. At this age it is not so much about winning. Not much effort is given and they are all happy to just be out of school and giggle and talk about boys-it's crazy how boy crazy some of her friends are-have I mentioned I am not ready for this! There is a boy that has his sights on Alaina and he stares at her all the time and shows off when she's around-NOOOOOOOOOO! Thankfully, she doesn't seem to have much time for them.



After her field day, I went to work for my last day ): It was weird to think I would never be there again and it felt like I still had so many unresolved jobs to do....it all hit me when I handed over my key. We also had to say goodbye to Sherry (Sawyer's daycare) and that was sad for me-I know he will miss his friend there. She did say if I needed to drop him off this summer for a day to feel free. She said she will really miss him and he was so fun to have. I really hate ending things......

After that Sawyer and I headed over to the Senior Center where Jonnie was putting on a program with the seniors. His class has been visiting with a group of seniors all year and this was the last day they would be there. It was very sweet and I love the connection between the kids and the elders. I love that his class was able to that this year!
Here is his senior buddy, Jim. Jonnie loved him and talked about him all the time. It was sweet and sad when I overheard Jim say to Jonnie, "what am I gonna do without you next year, buddy?" He reminded me of my dad a little.
They finished the program with an ice cream sunday-yum!
On to today..... Sawyer and I went with Jonnie's class to the Nelson Farm. This is the first time I have been there in the spring and it was fun to see all the new baby animals that have just been born. I learned quite a bit that I didn't know. Sawyer is a celebrity in Jonnie's class. They all love him and laugh at everything he does and says. They all look after him, too which is fun to see. He loved it and Jonnie loved it, too.


I loved this pig named 'fudge.' He was adorable. One thing about that farm is if you didn't know that animals were raised for food before you got there, you definitely knew when you left. They don't dance around that subject at all.

A favorite part of the day was the hay ride. Sawyer wanted to sit by the boys, but kept his eye on me the whole time when we started going. It was a little scary at times when we went down hills and I wanted to hold him, but he seemed fine and loved it (:


Jonnie and one of his best friends, Gunnar

Swinging in the hay loft is also a favorite! It was an awesome day and just beautiful. I loved hanging out with Jonnie's class one last time. They will all be split up next year as schools are closing and they are merging them all together in 2 large schools-I am just sick about it. I am sure he will be split up from the kids he has been friends with since preschool!!
We finished out the week seeing "UP" I loved it! I was even crying within the first 10 minutes. It is a sweet, sad, funny, uplifting movie all in one. It got a little intense at the end and Sawyer got a little scared then, but it was a great movie.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment :

Peace is every step said...

What a good Mama you are! I get a little sad about the things I miss as the working mom--Shawn gets to do all this fun stuff!

Happy Birthday Ollie!