Sunday, May 10, 2009

A VERY loved mom

Love is a gene
that can always be seen,
which comes from a mother
passed on to another.
It makes you sweet and kind,
and it makes you use your mind.
This gene can be quite fine
if it came from a mother,
mine...

Written by: Alaina Swanson

Can you believe how sweet that poem is?? When I read it this morning, I just cried by the sweetness of it and the talent my beautiful daughter has! I am teary now reading it again...

I was blessed this morning by my three and their creativity. I received a lot of homemade goodies. Jonnie made me a jewelry box, a music maker, and an adorable card that said, "my love for you grows and grows" and he made a flower out of tissue paper. He also drew a picture of him and I holding hands-it was adorable. Alaina made me an "8th Generation fortune box" and everyday I am supposed to take a fortune out and read it. Today's said I would be going out to eat and it was right! She also made me some bracelets and the most hysterical gift-it was a tube that you look through and on the other side was a black line. When you look at someone it looks like they have a moustache-I laughed so hard, it was hilarious!! I don't know how they come up with the gifts they do, but they are so awesome! Sawyer bought me a pediegg (have you seen those advertised on tv?) I love it and my heals feel softer tonight (: I also got a reed diffuser with a glass bowl that is beautiful.

After we opened gifts we went out to brunch with the Swanson's at The Oaks and then I went to visit my mom at work and brought her a plant. Then I went home and took a 3 hour nap with Sawyer while Alaina hung out with Grandma K. and Jonnie went to the field with daddy to pick rock. I am sure I will be up late after that long nap, but it was soooo worth it!

I hope all you mothers had a fantastic day! I also hope I can live up to all the love I received from mine~I love you all to the moon and back!

6 comments :

Peace is every step said...

OMG-Alaina, you have talent! That poem is the best and made me cry and want to be your mom. :) What sweet young chitlens you have!

Maja said...

That poem was fantastic, Alaina!

Lorrie, I loved this post. Your kids are so sweet! Some of the gifts you got made me laugh so hard... so creative!

Julie B said...

that truly is the best poem! I am sure you cried reading it...so very very sweet.
I got the pediegg for Christmas-the only thing I asked for :) Isn't it great? But be careful with it..I found I have to do just a little at a time..I went a little crazy and my feet were so sore for a few days..not used to not having caluses :)
I LOVE your gifts..the tube sounds hysterical...plus the idea that she saw it and thought "I have to get that for Mom!"

My Lifesong said...

What a sweet, sweet poem, Alaina. I know your mom was so touched by it, as I am, reading it. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. You all made my day with your visit. What treasures to remember.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you had and what a talented girl Alaina is, I loved the poem. You have wonderful children, but then they have wonderful parents.
Our cable was out so no TV for several days. I sat down last night and watched old videos when my kids were little, I wanted to pluck them from the screen and hug them. What precious days and what wonderful memories. Love, Sandy

Chris said...

I've, obviously, been terrible at keeping up with your blog! I LOVED that poem, and as I was reading it had no idea that it was written by Alaina! What talent!! Tell her to write one for her Auntie. :)
You got some fantastic gifts. What thoughtful, and loving kids you have. :)