Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy, busy.....

Does anyone else feel extremely busy these days? I think it has to do with the end of the school year and I honestly have something planned almost everyday at one of the kids' schools. I always thought when Alaina and Jonnie were little that things would get easier as they got older, but believe me they don't. I now look back on those times as easy and carefree.

Plus, I am planning a garage sale this weekend and I forget how much work that is each year. I really need to make some extra money. Some of you may not have heard, but the center where I work is closing it's doors May 30th, so I am officially laid off. That has never happened to me before and I am sad.....mostly for the kids we are helping and their families. It is a big commitment for them to make and now I feel we are just up and leaving them. On the bright side of all that, I now have 3, possibly 4 students to privately tutor over the summer. I am VERY excited to have my own little business and I will be making more $$ than at the center, so that is always a plus. I am mostly excited to help the kids and plan my own lessons and see them grow and learn over the summer. So, the reason I really need to make some money this weekend is so I can afford the books and materials I need to teach these kids! The biggest challenge so far is just finding the right materials, but it has been fun searching for books and knowing they are for me (:

I hope to plant my garden soon, too. I planted some flower beds, but the main garden is still empty, sigh....it will all get done in time. Sawyer loves to help me garden and digs holes for me with his new "shovel" and helps me water. I can't wait to see him when we plant the big garden-he will have a blast! Alaina is going to plant a garden for just Ollie. I am sure we will have lots of carrots for him! Jonnie wants to try and plant just soybeans, but I told him there will be plenty in the fields. It will be fun to see what they come up with (:

Jon had off the past two days to help on the farm and Sawyer has gotten to stay with him and ride in the tractors. It will be hard to get him back at the sitters tomorrow, but it's fun to see him and Jon together-such buddies (:

Well, that is all for now....I will let you know how I do on the sale. Again, if anyone has anything they want to bring over, feel free!

2 comments :

Peace is every step said...

Good luck with the sale! And yay you for signing on four tutor-ees! It's a great start to a nice private business. Not quite a horse & dog breeding business, but it will do. :)

Julie B said...

I am so excited for you and your new business! Good for you..I hope it continues to prosper, which I think it will. A friend of mine tutors..I know she gets alot of her workbooks at eps publishing..website is http://www.epsbooks.com/

Hope that helps! And good luck selling..I really need to have a sale soon, just so much stuff to go through just to do it! We still have wedding presents we never used, still in boxes :)

About the business..I feel you. I was just telling a friend today how much work it actually is NOT to have plans and just try to relax! Its my whole goal this summer..next week is our first "off week" and already wed and Friday are booked and now probably Tuesday...sigh.