Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving pictures

I know, I know I am still on Thanksgiving time.....Before I start with all the Christmas photos and activities, I need to share our thanksgiving pictures with you (: All of these are taken at Jon's family gathering at the church. I didn't take any at my family get together-no real excuse, it just seemed like time flew by and it was over. Sorry, Mi familia, I'll do better at Christmas.....

The day consisted of...
Enjoying a delicious feast...

Running and being chased by all the kids wanting the ball....

Making the traditional gingerbread houses....




Mmmmm, sweet heaven.....


And shopping at the swap meet.

Alaina picked up a 1000 piece puzzle and her and I spent the weekend putting it together. I forgot how much I love puzzles! I wonder who will be getting another puzzle for Christmas (:

On Friday, I watched a friends little girl for awhile and she was so fun to have over-they were all buddies (:
On Friday Dex became really sick. My sister Danielle came to visit but couldn't stay long because I had to bring him to the vet. They think he has a stomach ulcer and is being treated for that. He is doing great now. He may have to be put on anxiety meds in the future. So much for adopting an "easy" dog (: At least he is a sweetheart and so well behaved. Here he is on his new bed feeling sick......):

I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Poor Dex, my coworkers cat was just put on anxiety meds, I guess they get stressed too. Will he have to be on a special diet?
I am guessing that Sawyer liked making (eating) the gingerbread houses. Fun pictures. It was a good day.
Love, Sandy

Lorrie said...

It was a good day (: And yes, he enjoyed eating the gingerbread house, too. Is your co-workers cat doing ok on meds? I am curious if they act sedated on the medication. I remember when I worked at the vet clinic the animals that were on anxiety meds seemed drugged. I will have to research it and see if there is some other kind of therapy we can try. If not, I will have to try the medication so he doesn't have the ulcer return once healed. We have switched his food, so I hope that helps, too.

My Lifesong said...

Thanks for sharing your photos with the family get-together, and the making of the gingerbread houses. Sawyer sure enjoyed it,,,yum,yum. Now on to Christmas.

Chris said...

I loved all the pics. Right when I saw Sawyer holding the frosting, I thought to myself, "I wonder how much he eat?" and, sure enough, the next pic was him with it in his mouth. I can't believe how long his hair is getting. Can't wait to see you guys!
Alaina--I LOVE doing puzzles, too. Maybe we'll have to do one together when I get back there for Xmas.
Jonnie--whenever I see you wearing your Viking's jersey I think of you and Mitch. He had a dream about you last night, and woke up a little sad. :( It won't be long now until we see you again!
Poor Dex! He looks so sick, but cozy, in his new bed. Hope he can get better without meds. :(