Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas has arrived and as usual everything got done as it always does. We started out the festivities at Old Mamrelund Church in the country. I didn't bring my camera this year as I just wanted to enjoy it without worrying about taking pictures. If you want to see the old church go back to my Christmas Eve post from last year (:

After the church service, we headed over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house.......once there we enjoyed our traditional feast of Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, Ost Kaca, and bread pudding. It was delicious as always!

Here is Tucker, Alaina, and Kate. The kids seem to be growing up so fast all of sudden.

Hunter didn't get a nap today, so he was a tired boy (: Grandma's cheeks were sure rosy!

After dinner it was time for presents. We all received some some very nice things, and I thank you all again for everything!



It's surprising we don't lose the kids in all the wrapping paper!

Ho, ho, ho!

Family photo and we were all looking with our eyes open!

After a great night at grandmas, we headed home and put out our cookies and milk and Jonnie wrote Santa a letter.

I wasn't sure how to respond to this. He is so sweet and innocent about it all and wants Santa to be real so bad. I was a little sad as this may be his last year believing in Santa. He told me tonight that there are a couple kids in school that are so naughty and mean and they seem to get the most gifts. He then asked me why they get so many when Santa checks if your naughty or nice-that is what he is basing his "maybe there is no Santa" thoughts.

After getting everything ready we sat down to read our three books-Room for a little one, Polar Express, and Twas the Night before Christmas. Alaina and Jonnie really love this tradition and I am sure it will be one of Sawyer's favs, too.

Jon and Alaina then slept together in Alaina's room. I checked on them 30 minutes after they went to bed and they were already sleeping! I remember when all my sisters and I would sleep in one room together and we would be up all night (well it felt like that anyway). We were so excited! I could just feel their excitement, too!

Santa came a little later and left Jonnie a response and ate his cookies.

He also filled the stocking with books, cd's, bubblebath, and candy. It looks like he left a few presents, as well! I cant' wait for morning-there is nothing that fills me with more joy than seeing the excitement and happiness on my children's faces!

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope your holidays are filled with joy, love and laughter!

2 comments :

Maja said...

Ah, so sweet. Jonnie's letter gave me the giggles. Santa's response was perfect! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. XOXO

Anonymous said...

Jonnie's letter was so sweet, and I am glad Santa gave such a nice reply. I know you will keep that letter and treasure it forever. Love the family photo and it was fun to see some of the cousins too.
Merry Christmas.
Love, Sandy