Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another school year down...

This time of year makes me a little sad. Sad in the fact that my kids are now one grade older, and one more year closer to graduation. It also makes me happy. Happy that summer is here, the kids are all mine again, and I can sleep in most mornings!

Since I haven't posted for awhile, I thought I would just post about a few highlights from May. I've been so busy with end of the year activities and obviously didn't take pictures of everything. I am ready for school to be done! (:

Sawyer and I attended Jonnie's school play. He had a pretty big part and played Bertel, the son of a poor widow. He was adorable.







Alaina had her orchestra concert and it was her first time doing a quartet. She did an amazing job and I was so proud of her.





Sawyer and I took a bus to Como Zoo with Grandma Karen, Melanie, and Hunter. It poured rain the whole time we were there, but I thought that made it more fun. There was hardly anyone there and lots of puddles for the boys to jump in. Thankfully, Sawyer wore his rain boots and brought another set of clothes to change into! Sawyer was such a monkey and had to climb anything he could. He had a good time.























Alaina had her very last band concert playing her oboe. She is quitting band after this year and that's ok. I am proud she stuck it out all year when I knew she wanted to be done after Christmas. Oboe is a hard instrument and it didn't help to start band a year late. She always felt like she was trying to catch up. She'll just stick with cello-her 1st love. I do love band concers, though, so I hope one of the boys will be in band.







We celebrated Alaina's First Communion with two other boys. She couldn't believe they gave her wine to drink (: She thought it tasted awful.







Sawyer and I spend our days visiting the area parks we haven't been to before. We've had a lot of fun and he has met a lot of fun kids. He makes friends so easily. All he has to do is tell them he's Spider Man or other super hero and then they are off to save the world-I love it!





I chaperoned Jonnie's field trip to a dairy farm. I went in with negative thoughts because the cows are confined 24 hours a day, but left feeling pretty good. The cows are very well taken care of and I learned a lot. Also, Jonnie won the drawing to name a calf and he named her "Sugar."





Sawyer and I watched Jonnie's play day.









Jon's friends were sweet and let Sawyer hit a few balls.







May is finished and we are headed into June. Baseball has started, VBS starts next week, and other fun activities throughout!

No comments :