Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm back!

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! I vow to do better. There hasn't been much new going on with us, just the usual. A couple highlights was seeing my sister from Colorado (has it been two weeks already??) and my nieces and nephews-I still hate that you are gone!! Also, I am a new auntie again! My new niece Rose Hollin was born July 18th and she is an absolute beauty! She reminds me a lot of my other niece, who I haven't seen in person yet, Luci. But I will be seeing little Luci in about two weeks!! Can't wait!

We have a climber here.

Three times when I entered the kitchen yesterday, I found a monkey climbing on the counter.


Jonnie was always a big climber (still is) and I was hoping that would skip Sawyer.
Guess not......


Yesterday was just one of those days and nothing went right. Here are a few highlights...
*woke up with a crick in my neck
*Sawyer was the whiniest kid in the world and he is never that way!
*Alaina changed her fish bowl by herself and forgot to use the special prepared water (have I mentioned how many fish we have gone through) and stuck straight tap water in it. I was waiting to find it belly up when I heard she used the wrong water, until....
*Sawyer decided to "feed" the fish and dumped the whole bag of fish food in the bowl-poor fish-we couldn't even see it in all the mucky water. It turned out to be a blessing because we cleaned it out and put the right water in there-he is still alive!
*ran out of diapers and my extra stash was missing.
*Went to get into the car to drive and get diapers and the car door was locked and my keys were in it-Jonnie had that look on his face and confessed he was playing with it. After some frustrating moments I finally found the extra set (:
*All three kids were naughty at Target and Jonnie was asked not to climb on the shelves by a Target employee-I was glad (: Sawyer whined the whole time for a ball, couldn't find anything I wanted, and we left in a rush.
*I got home and as I was getting Sawyer to sleep, Jonnie and Alaina were playing REALLY loud in her room and woke up Jon-I guessed I yelled at them (I don't remember that part:)) and told them to use there brains. Later I received a note from them telling me I am mean and they don't want to talk to me anymore. Surprisingly it was scented with perfume (:
Needless to say they were all in bed by 8:30 and today was a much better day (: I guess we all have those days, right?
This weekend is the annual Pennock Fun Days so more pictures to come. We have a pet show tomorrow night and Mr. Oliver is going. Alaina is beyond excited!

3 comments :

Maja said...

Okay, I am in tears over the "you are mean" note scented with perfume!!! Hahahaha... Oh man, Lorrie, I get so excited when you have a new blog. They are always sooo funny!

Peace is every step said...

You gave me the laughing hiccoughs with the "surprisingly scented with perfume" line. Gotta love them.

Chris said...

Oh I love this post--like all the rest. I can't believe it's been two weeks already, too. I miss you guys TERRIBLY!!!
Monkey boy pictures are the best. He looks so proud of himself. :)
Sorry to hear about your bad day....actually I LOVE hearing about your bad days. They are so hilarious, especially the scented 'hate' note. You must save those.