Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Touch of the dramatics and party pics

First I will start with my funny Jonnie story.....Tonight he fell off the rope that hangs off our climber. I saw him laying there on his back looking sad and yelling for Alaina to carry him in the house. I was getting Sawyer undressed to put him in the tub so I asked what happened, etc. and he told me and then laughed at Sawyer and called him Nakey boy, so I knew he was OK (just wanted to clarify that I made sure he was OK :)) Anyway, I left him outside and was upstairs giving Sawyer a bath. Alaina was doing something in her room at the time and I kept hearing Jonnie yelling for her (he was still in the same spot on his back). The next time I looked out he was dragging his body across the lawn like a paraplegic. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes-Sawyer was in the tub so I couldn't grab my camera. He would stop every so often and look up at the window to see if anyone was looking. It was honestly the funniest thing I have seen in awhile-it reminded me of the turtles dragging there heavy bodies across the sand (: Anyway, Alaina finally went out there to help him and she had to pick him up and carry him the rest of the way in the house. I went down to help her and he started screaming when I went to touch his legs (no tears). I told him we had to immediately go to the doctor because he kept screaming that he broke his legs! I took off his pants and looked everything over and told him to get his shoes on so we can go to the ER. He then looked at me and said, "I guessed I just scraped my knee" in a very calm, no big deal voice. Then he got up and walked away.....how dramatic, huh? And then it is all over (: I had a good laugh anyway!

Here are some pics of Alaina and Sawyer's birthday as well as some from the birthday party. On Alaina's birthday, she wanted to go swimming, so I took them to the pool. We were there for about a half hour and some storm clouds moved in and someone spotted lightening, so they closed the pool for a few hours. I felt bad for the kids, so we got our money back and went swimming at the Y instead. We had a lot of fun!


This next picture is on Sawyer's birthday. He was so excited to get his sand and water table! (So was Alaina:))
Here are pictures from the party-thanks for coming everyone! You made the day great for the kids! Here's Hunter, Sawyer and Grandma Karen eating lunch.

Sawyer and Tucker enjoying the water table. I may never put sand in it......

Sawyer had a hard time keeping his bathing suit up. I had so many adorable shots of his butt crack, but I love this one because he was getting it all wet (:

Pinata time-this was shortly before I somehow hurt Sawyer with the stick.....I will have to play back the video.

I made Sawyer a semi truck cake. He loved it and wanted to drive it. He got both candles blew out in one shot!

I bought Alaina a cake this year and later (in tears) she wondered why I didn't make her a special cake, too. I felt bad and will remember that from now on. I forget that is still such a special part of her birthday.

Opening presents.......


Grandma K bought all the kids sunglasses.

Yeah, he's tough here....haha!

After the party, while we were cleaning everything up, Sawyer decided to play with his cake and help himself (:

Thanks again everyone for the great gifts and celebrating their birthdays with us!

7 comments :

Kaylyn said...

Your kids are super beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics! I wish I could have been at the party...Aven would have had so much fun too!!

Kaylyn said...

Oh- and I love that truck cake...what a cute idea!!

Chris said...

Lorrie--Thanks so much for the pictures. It sounds like I missed a great day. The Jonnie story had me in tears, as well. He's a kid after my own heart. I think I may have been just like him at that age. (:
I LOVE the picture of Sawyer blowing out his candles. I just want to kiss those little lips!
Hey, I wanted to tell you, yesterday I had to wear my glasses because I lost a contact, and I caught a glimps of myself in the mirror and I looked so much like someone--and I realized it was Alaina!! Maybe it was the glasses (I think we have the same shaped frames) and my curly hair...but it was very eerie.
Thanks for all the great pics! Miss you guys.

Julie B said...

I love all the photos-what a great job you did on the cake! I guess you'll never be getting a store-bought cake again, huh? You just never know how they'll feel about these things!
The butt-crack is just so adorable, I so wish I could have been there!

Oh my, that is hysterical about Jonnie! The best thing is being able to watch him when he didn't know you were...I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for the birthday pictures, and they were worth waiting for. What good memories you are making. Thanks for sharing this special day.
Love, Sandy

Peace is every step said...

Jonnie's criple crawl is THE BEST. I so wish I would have sold my soul to the devil for gas money to come to your partay. The semmmy-truck cake is AWESOME! I need to consult with you on how to make good b-day cakes. What a great tradition & I feel like a loser mom with my store bought cupcakes.

............... said...

I linked onto your blog from a friend of a friend...anyway, wanted to share that on my "21st" birthday, my Mom bought me an ice-cream cake. I had NEVER liked ice cream cake, and to this day, over 20 years later, I STILL do not like it! Your beautiful Alaina is not alone! These things are important to us "girls", no matter how old we get!!! Now bring out the buttercream frosting!!! ;o)