Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there! Hope you all had a great day!
The kids had everything planned out for Jon yesterday and I was there to assist them. They started out making him breakfast in bed-eggs, hashbrowns, toast... Mother's and Father's day gets more fun as the kids get older, doesn't it? Anyway, I had to laugh because Jonnie woke up and immediately made the toast before the rest of us were up, so needless to say it sat for awhile while I helped them make the rest. I don't think Jon noticed or cared (:

Sawyer was happy for breakfast in bed, too.

The kids also made a HAPPY FATHERS DAY banner and taped it up. Also, while Jon was eating the kids sang and played the cello. Alaina had composed her own song for him and we sang it while she played the cello. I was all teary by the pure sweetness of it all and could hardly sing (:


Future career?
Next, came the gift opening....He got all his favorite things, cologne, socks, t-shirts, and air fresheners.
The rest of the day was spent visiting our fathers both at the farm and in Atwater visiting my dad. Here is Sawyer and the kids climbing the tree at my parents.
Jon finished the day by playing baseball with the kids at the park. It was so fun watching them and hearing them laugh. Sawyer was already bathed and in his jammies so we stayed in the house. What's nice is that we can just look out our front window at the park and see them. It was a great way to end the day!

2 comments :

Peace is every step said...

What a sweet day! I'm super impressed & feel like Shawn is getting the short end of the stick over here.

I wish I could see your pics...my connection where I'm staying sucks ass.

Love to you!

Peace is every step said...

OK, now that I can see the pictures--they are great!!!! Alaina definately has a future in the strings....I love her music she created.

What sweet pictures. Cherish them.