Thursday, July 1, 2010

RIP Oliver Barry Swanson

The hardest thing about having a pet is when you have to say goodbye.

Exactly two years ago, Alaina cried tears of joy when she got Oliver for her birthday. Today she cried tears of sadness as she had to say goodbye to her baby. Oliver became sick two days ago and after bringing him to the vet and trying to nurse him back to health, he died this afternoon.

Here's Ollie on Alaina's birthday-she fell in love with him from the moment she saw him and never put him down. She carried him around everywhere-he loved it (:



She even had a leash for him so he could nibble grass.



Here he is at the town pet show-he won "most furry" award. She was so proud to show him off that night.



Celebrating his first birthday.





We all will miss you sweet Ollie, but especially your Alaina who is missing her little pal tremendously right now. I wish I could take away all her sadness. She likes to think you are up in heaven right now squealing for that extra carrot.



Goodbye, friend.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Now I am so sad after seeing those pictures of him, especially the last one where Alaina did his hair. I had never pet a guinea pig before Alaina got Ollie. He really was the CUTEST guinea pig I had ever seen. Hunter says he is in heaven right now with Trooper and Mac.

Melanie

Anonymous said...

I am crying too after reading this, I am so sorry for you Alaina. Ollie had a very good life with you, he was a very happy and loved little guinea pig. I think Hunter is right, he is in heaven right now with Trooper and Mac and they are having a ball. I am praying for you.
Love, Aunt Sandy

Julie B said...

awww I am so sorry everyone! I was hoping no news was good news :(