Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's new

I know it has been awhile (: I just haven't had a lot to write about lately and needed a computer break. So anyway, we have just been busy with work and school and in Sawyer's world, play.

Alaina continues to have an awesome year at school. I see her blossoming this year like never before. I think she has a great teacher and some nice kids in her class. She comes home after school and talks non-stop and is just bubbly-I love it! Her and 3 of her friends are doing the Enterprising Kids at the mall in a few weeks. The kids create there own business and sell their product that day. The girls (or should I say Alaina) are making friendship bracelets to sell. Alaina has already made 74!! Can you believe it? She is so excited and thinks they are going to make a ton of money (: They have named their company The Knots Corporation.

Jonnie on the other hand is struggling at school, not academically. Not every day, but it has been a challenge this year some days. I currently have him home from school again because he said he vomited in the bathroom (no witnesses). I am at a loss. I can't accuse him of lying, but on the other hand I can't just let him come home every time he struggles with someone in school either. The nurse told me that the teacher yelled at him today for talking to someone during a lesson and knowing him that is why he is home ( he denies that is the reason but did say it upset him). He is so sensitive.......Not sure how to approach this. I have already talked to the teacher and made her aware of how yelling, etc. really upsets him. I think she just has a loud voice and it is not a good thing for Jon. Anyway, advice would be appreciated and accepted (: On a more positive note, he turns 8 this weekend. We are having a party at the bowling alley. Chris, he still wants me to keep calling you to see if you guys can come home this weekend ):

Sawyer is doing great-talking up a storm and making us laugh everyday. He can be such a comedian (without even trying most times :)) It has gotten better at the babysitter. He is still teary when I drop him off and is so excited when he gets to stay home, but while there he plays, and talks, and has a good time. So, yay, that is working out!

Jon and I have just been busy working (: We had to have Dex into the Vet the other day for diarrhea and vomiting. He is better now and is on medication. He has been a great dog and we all just love him. He has some anxiety issues and he chews his tail when he is having issues with the vacuum, lawn mower, or if we have been away from him for awhile. I don't think it just stems from him being at a shelter, I think he was probably an outside dog or kenneled a lot and has been by himself too much. Anyway, that continues to improve and we just spend extra time with him.
I recently started doing school visits and talking to our students' teachers this week. It has been great and I love traveling to the different schools and talking about education and how to help the kids succeed! That is really the only new thing with me (:
Jon is on a mission to buy a g0-cart. We were at a friends' house this past weekend and they had a go-cart and 4 wheelers and we all had so much fun-Jon having the most fun, I think (: We haven't priced any out yet, but I am all game for the go-cart! We will never get a 4 wheeler as I just don't think they are safe no matter what anyone says. Alaina and I rode one together and we went really slow-they were calling me an old lady (: Oh well, I know speed just ain't my thing!
Hope all is well with everyone and I will be updating more often!

1 comment :

Chris said...

I'm so glad Alaina loves her teacher, and is having a great year so far! I wish I was there to buy one of her bracelets. I feel so bad for Jonnie. I really think you should go and talk to the principal, he's just not connecting with this teacher and therefore won't be learning at his full potential. I know how you feel...you don't want to just pull him out of the class, but I think it may be a good thing for him. He's such a good student..and kid, I don't want this teacher squelching that. Good luck! Let us know what you decide.
I'm glad to hear that things are getting better with Sawyer and the sitter. I miss him so much, it broke my heart imagining him sad every day.
Mitch keeps asking to head home this weekend for Jonnie's party. He gets so mad at me when I say it's impossible. :( Tell Jonnie to check the mailbox for something from Mitch! Can't wait to see pictures of the party.