Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School days

The school year is off and running and I still can't believe we have started a new year. I always feel a little sad this time of year. Mostly because summer is officially over and I know winter is just around the corner. Plus, I am just not ready for all the busyness, homework, being organized all week, etc.. So far so good, but remember it is just the second day (: I also get a little sad not knowing what the kids are doing all day and if they are having a good day, etc.

Alaina had a great first day and LOVES her teacher. She is very chatty after school and in a great mood so I think she will have an awesome year! Yay!

Jonnie had a not so great first and second day. He says that his teacher is very strict and not very nice. I think what is happening is the class is very disruptive and the teacher is trying to lay down the rules. I've heard great things about the teacher so I hope things go better. I have to remember this is Jonnie talking and he tends to be a little on the dramatic side, so I have to take what he says with a grain of salt. I think he likes to tell me all the bad things to see if he can get a reaction out of me.....
Here is Sawyer this morning getting ready for his first day at the sitters. He was eager and willing and excited to go play.
Here is the big guy walking up to Sherry's house. He was still eager and excited!
Such a big boy, he walked right up there and knocked on the door by himself. I stayed for a little while and showed him around again and took him to the play room to meet the other kids. Today there was a 4, 2, and4 month old there. Sherry asked him if he would help her with the baby and to get ready for snack time and that is all it took. He hugged me twice, kissed me twice and off he went!! He made it all so easy (: I called Jon from the car to tell him how it went and I burst out crying.....it was hard leaving my little guy and not knowing how he was going to do. When I picked him up, he was playing a game with Sherry and he gave me a big hug (: She said he did awesome, no tears, and basically followed her and the dog around all day. I guess he became friends with the other 2 year old girl and they were buddies all day (: So what a relief!
He says he wants to go there tomorrow, too but says, "mommy, no go bye bye" so we will see if he puts up more of a fuss tomorrow.....
I am off to bed, I am exhausted and it is only Wednesday. I have to get used to getting up early again to get the kids on the bus. Hope everyone else is having a good first week of school!

4 comments :

Peace is every step said...

I'm glad it went well for Sawyer! I knew he'd be mister mellow.

That's awesome that Alaina is loving her teacher & her class! Chattiness is a good sign. :)

And Jonnie cracks me up. I can just hear him & his dramatics.

Lorrie said...

Sawyer was a little sad today she said and she held him a lot and let him do special things like set the table, eat his snack on the couch, and stuff like that and she said that helped....it's hard to hear he was sad, but I know it will take time.
I am glad Jonnie cracks you up....he has been on high emotions all week which I am sure is just being tired from school-he has threatened to run away even tonight because he wanted to walk Dex and Alaina was already doing it. I told him to take turns and he could do it next and tears and rage later, he was walking down the street and telling Sawyer he just can't live here anymore!! I don't know what to do with him sometimes. I am off to the library in search of some books.......

Chris said...

I'm so glad that Alaina loves her teacher. I told Tanner that, and he said, "I know...she's the BEST teacher I've ever had." I love the picture of her huge book bag...it's as big as she is. Jonnie, of course, cracks me up! Always the dramatics for Mom. It'll always be that way, let me tell you. :)
Sawyer's day made me cry. I love the pictures and have been staring at them for a very long time. I love his new shoes, too. :( Oh how I wish he were coming to my house. But, the house looks very cute, and Sherry sounds really nice, so that's a great thing.
I hope Jonnie sticks around home so that you don't have one of those frantic evenings searching for him. What a goofball. Just remember, we will LOVE re-telling these stories down the road.

Julie B said...

Oh, I will definitely need some tips from you as Analese gets older...she has the same intense emotions as Jonnie, and much the same drama.

Sorry to hear Sawyer was a bit sad...I can only imagine how hard that is to hear! But it sounds like she is doing a great job at helping him to adjust.

Its great that Alaina loves her class and teacher! I love the pics of the kids...they look so big! Growing up so fast....