Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

I had a busy Valentine's day that started with a sweet little party at Sawyer's school.  I was so proud of him because this year he sang and did the actions! He was even smiling and happy throughout (:




Hugging a friend for one song...

They sang a lot of songs and said some poems and bible verses-pure cuteness!

Me and my valentine-he is growing up so much lately.
We enjoyed a frozen strawberry dessert.
It was very festive!
Then we helped the kids open their valentines from their friends and teacher.  Sawyer and I made a monster box this year.  He love it.
Julie and Kelsey
Cora was there as well, but I was really trying to make the morning about him.
When I got home, I made red velvet whoopie pies for the kids as it has become a tradition of mine to make the kids a "fancy" dessert on V-day.  The cream was cream cheese buttercream frosting and that was soooo good, but for some reason the cookies/cake with the frosting tasted too sweet to me (never thought I would say that about anything).  The kids loved them and that is all that mattered I guess.  Also, it seemed so wrong to dump a whole bottle of red food coloring in just to make it that nice red color.  I may not make them again.  I have however found a recipe that uses beets instead of all the food coloring and I may just try that one of these days.
Also, for the last few years I have picked up a heart pizza for Papa Murphy's, too.  My kids are all about tradition and I can't stray too far away from them.  Jon and I went out for dinner and it was very nice to be alone just the two of us for awhile (:

Oh, and Jonnie informed me the night before that he, too needed a Valentine box for school, so we made him a monster, too (:
Hope your day was filled with LOVE.

1 comment :

Alaina said...

That is just like Jonnie to tell you at the last minute, actually the last hour, because his bedtime is 8:30. YEAH JONNIE, I JUST TOLD EVERYONE YOU HAVE A LITTLE BABY BEDTIME!!!!!