Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year

The start of a new year. A time to start things fresh and do things better. To make and/or break New Year's resolutions. How about you? Are any of you trying to do things different?

As for me, well I always have some things in mind. Here are my resolutions for the new year and I WILL follow them. I will.

1. We are going to be budgeting and working on debt reduction even more this year. We have been doing really good, but there is always room to improve.

2. Cook more. I am home and have no excuses not to make some really awesome meals for supper and healthy snacks for after school. I do OK, but once again there is room to improve. I have gotten out some of the cookbooks I haven't used in awhile and have been having a lot of fun trying new recipes. The family, well.....maybe not as excited as me, but I just love thinking of all the different ingredients I am exposing them to. So far they have liked just about everything I have come up with.

3. To relax. Most of you know that I lost my job early last summer and then tutored kids over the summer, but since then, nothing. I have been stressed all Fall thinking I should be working. Since we are paying down debt, I kept thinking we could be paying things off so much faster if I was working, the kids could have more clothes, we could do more things, buy things for the house, etc, etc. if only I was working!! Well, I signed up to sub and interviewed and "hired" a babysitter only to have lots of signs slapping me in the face to stay home with my son. It just hit me lately that this is where I am supposed to be right now. I have never just stayed home and I think that transition is very hard to make and get adjusted to. But now I feel like a weight has been lifted, and Sawyer loves being home with me (me too!) and I am able to do so many fun things with him. There is the whole rest of my life to work and I can go back full swing when Sawyer is in school. That takes a lot of stress off of me and my family and that is much more important then the material things.

And that is it. If I add to much, I won't try at any of them. I have been faithfully exercising since last Spring and I always try to eat healthy so I do not have to include them this year-YAY!

Here's to a new, wonderful, better year!

No comments :