Friday, November 13, 2009

She did it!

Alaina got her ears pierced! I've been meaning to post this all week as I am proud she did it. She has had no interest in getting them done and I told her when she is ready I will bring her. The fear of pain has always stopped her in the past. Now, the draw to buy cool earrings has over rode the pain factor and she woke up last Saturday and announced she was ready. I was excited, but honestly thought she would back out when we got there. But I do know that once she makes up her mind on something there is no stopping her.

Here she is sitting on the stool waiting....she was so happy I brought my camera along, can't you tell? The lady helping us told her, "well she could of brought the video camera" but that didn't seem to help. I also told her she would be thankful someday that I like to take pictures of all her life events (:

Prepping her ears.....she loves me.
One, two, three.......and they are in! No tears at all.
Here they are right after. She picked out some cute little pink flowers.
Here they are all red and swollen (:
Now she is happy to pose as she LOVES having earrings. She has already told me there are some cute x-mas ones she would really like! I love that I can buy her earrings now (:
It's going to be a long 6 weeks until she can take these out and put in different ones-I remember that long wait. She is so funny and responsible about it all and has created a six week chart for her to remember to clean her ears 3 times a day.

One more step in growing up.....sigh...

3 comments :

My Lifesong said...

I love your new earrings, and the new look, your're growing up, Lanie!

Chris said...

Awww..LOVE the earings! You are a brave girl, and oh so responsible. Just remember when you clean them, twist them around a few times, I think it makes them heal faster. :)
Love all the pics, too. I wonder what you'll be getting for Christmas? ;)

Peace is every step said...

Love those earings! I hope we get your name for Christmas....earing making is our specialty. :)

I remember how hard it was to sleep with those in! Hope she's not having any trouble.