Sunday, June 21, 2009

A very loved dad

Daddy, Father
what a bother,
I'll just call you dad.
I have a few questions
I want to ask.
If it's no problem, if it's no task.
What's your name?
Oh, yeah! It's Jon.
What's your life story?
I know its long.
One more answer
if you have the time.
I know your getting sick
of my dumb, old rhyme.
What meets the standards of your love?
"To the ground, to up above."
I love you-Happy Fathers Day!

Written by: Alaina Swanson


Jon is a very loved dad! The kids once again showered him with love this morning and I am laughing as I post these pictures because all of our mother/fathers day pics are taken of us in bed (: The kids honestly can't wait to give us our gifts and wake us up!

Alaina made him a cute card and had the sweet poem inside. She also made him 2 bracelets, "dadvines" (which you can see in the picture) and a glass jar filled with glitter and snail shells she found.
I got him a few gifts myself-can the man ever have enough cologne??
Here is the picture Sawyer made him-he was very proud to give it to him (:
Jonnie made him a jar to put coins or pens in and some cool lego creations. He felt very loved!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

5 comments :

Lorrie said...

Mom, I really don't know why you had to write the poem the VERY FIRST thing in your blog!!!!!!!




Alaina M.S.

Anonymous said...

Alaina you are a very talented girl, as a parent I know how much that poem meant to your dad. It made me cry to see how much you love your dad, he is a blessed daddy.
Your mom put that poem the very first thing because she is very proud of you and the poem is beautiful.
Love, Sandy

Chris said...

Alaina--you are so talented and your Mom is very proud of your wonderful poem, that is why it's right at the top!!! I think you should write one about your Auntie! heehee
Jon looks like he had a great Father's Day! What a lucky guy!

Julie B said...

ahh what a sweet poem! Alaina, you are very talented! I love the poem.

Peace is every step said...

OK seriously, that is the BEST poem every! Alaina-maybe you should start a poetry blog? You could take pictures and post your poetry. I would LOVE to read more!

What a lucky daddio.