Sunday, May 5, 2013

Alaina's Confirmation


Today was Alaina's special day celebrating her confirmation.  Since she is my first child being confirmed, I wasn't sure what I should be doing as far as parties go or who to invite, etc.  I chose to go all out and we invited grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles, friends, and we opened it up as an open house for church members to come, also.  I was a little worried and nervous about not having enough food since it was an open house and didn't know who would show up.  Luckily, it all worked out and it was a lovely day.  It's nice to put her in the spotlight for a little while :)




Alaina was confirmed with two other boys that she has been in Sunday school with since Kindergarten, Cole and Colten.
She also was able to play her cello to start off the service.
Here she is reading her Faith Statement.  Her words were beautiful and I was very proud of her.
Getting confirmed.


Then we had her party afterward at the community center.  I had it catered so I didn't have to stress about food.  I had them make some lasagnas and Caesar salad, and Karen and my mom made salads and bread sticks.  It turned out great and it was delicious!
I also ordered the cake and Melanie made cream cheese mints-yum!





Alaina and her friend Emily.
Godfather Tim.  Her other Godparents are Chrissy and Chuck, who weren't able to be there.
Grandmas
Alaina with her great-grandma

Four generations!



Grandpas
Jon and Tim with good friend Jack.
Opening gifts.  She received a lot of nice things, especially necklaces.
Cora helping herself to cake :)


It was a beautiful day to celebrate a beautiful girl.  Her confirmation meant a lot to her, so I was glad to make the day special for her.  Congratulations again, Alaina, we love you so much.

No comments :