Saturday, November 17, 2012

Jon's 40th

For Jon's 30th, he really wanted me to throw him a party but I failed and didn't plan anything.  I can't really remember why at the time, but I'm sure it was a good reason (:  And for the last 10 years I have heard over and over how I didn't throw him a 30th party, so I knew I could not fail on his 40th (still can't believe he is 40). 
 
I pretended I couldn't come up with anything, even though I had already planned a surprise party.  I actually started feeling bad as he was pretty bummed out on his birthday that I had once again missed the opportunity to throw him a party-haha.
 
I was also nervous that no one would show up.  I think that is a reaction I have to all parties I throw! There were a bunch of people that couldn't make it, so I was a little bummed and felt bad, but those that are near and dear to him came.
 
Since I am also turning 40 this year (in many, many months) I couldn't be mean or he would get me back (:  Plus, 40 isn't really that old or "over the hill."
 
Here's the birthday boy!  He was very suprised so I actually pulled it off!

Helping daddy open his presents.





There is a bowling alley off the lounge where the party was and they were having disco bowling that night, so the kids (and adults) had fun bowling and dancing.

It was a fun night and best of all, Jon was happy.  Happy 40th!

No comments :