Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Six months old

She is sweetness, and smiles, hugs and open mouth kisses.  She's blue-grey eyes searching me out where ever I go.  "I'm here Cora, I'm here."  Her hair is still dark, as are her eyebrows.  Her dad calls her Cora Karen in an Irish brogue and I call her Coraline and when she hears her siblings cry she worries. She is sensitive and soft and in need of affirmation, touch, love. Her eyes tell stories. And in her sleep she pats my chest, to reassure herself I am still there.   She is mostly serious, intense and serious, when others are around.  At home with her favorites though she is smiley, goofy, and on occasion a firecracker. 
 She is finally the owner of her very own high chair and loves being included in meal time.
 She is a whopping 15 pounds 6 ounces, sitting up like a big girl, and is sporting a lovely bald patch on the back of her head, as her favorite mode of transportation is to lay on her back, push off with her feet, and slide.  She also sports some lovely rug burns, too on occasion.
 She has the house wrapped around her little finger.  All she has to do is complain once and someone is there to scoop her up.  She is lucky to be number 4.
It amazes me to think it has been 6 months since I brought her home.  The months seem to go faster than the days at times.

And here is a look back at some other 6 monthers I have raised.

Alaina
Jonnie-who I still think Cora resembles the most.
and Sawyer




They all look a little similar and yet different.  I see Cora in each of them.  I am a lucky mom.

No comments :