Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to school

School has arrived. I could not sleep last night and laid awake for hours it seems. Once I finally fell asleep, Sawyer woke up screaming and scared and I had to lay with him for awhile. Then it took what seemed another hour to fall back to sleep. Six-thirty was very painful this morning. I don't think I have been up this early since the last day of school last spring. I made smoothies and packed lunches and felt pretty good, but I know it will all hit me tomorrow morning-it's going to be tough getting back into the school routine!

Here's my 7th grader. She couldn't sleep last night and was pretty quiet this morning so I knew she was nervous. She seems to be growing up at lightning speed these days, especially as I look at her pictures this year compared to last. I always worry about her and pray she has a great year. Pulling up to the Middle School this morning it hit me how cruel it is to lump all these Pre-teens and early teens all together in one large school. Hopefully, she is happy and talkative at the end of today and she had a great day!





And here is my 4th grader. He bounced out of bed, drove us all crazy with his crazy giddiness, and was generally beyond excited. I know this will be the one and only day he wakes up like that this year. He has some great kids in his class and his teacher seems pretty awesome so far. Time will tell with that one and I am sure he will let me know all about it if it's not (:






Good luck, you two! Here's to a fabulous 2010-11 school year!!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great job catching those first day of school moments. So sweet, and so sad all at the same time! I dread the day I send Hunter off. Preschool is going to be hard enough!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot mom! i cannot BELIEVE you put that totally messed up picture of me getting out of the car! That is so embarrassing!!!!!
Coco's Mommy

Lorrie said...

Mel, I know. Kindergarten is the hardest and you worry all day until you pick them up again. I was a mess when Alaina went to school and that was only every other day. I lucked out with Jonnie because I subbed in his school all the time when he was in Kindergarten so I saw him and peeked in on him all the time (: Even after all these years, I still get sad and wonder how their day is going.....

And Alaina, your welcome.