Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hunkering down

Well, it hit us. I thought we would be immune cause' we're all so healthy and all. But, no luck the H1N1 has arrived at our house. Alaina is the first among us and she has faired pretty well. Her temp. reached a high of 103.5, but then tapered off after that. She is just really tired and has a sore throat now. Sawyer I think is at the beginning of it all or else he is just getting a cold. Time will tell. Jonnie so far is good and it is rare that he ever gets sick. I probably just jinxed myself.

So, since we are not supposed to expose ourselves to anyone for awhile, we are having a quiet weekend at home. We were supposed to stay at a hotel and swim with friends, but of course this is the weekend they get sick. We rescheduled for next weekend and it will probably work out better since the kids have 3 days off and I will be looking for something for them to do.

In other bad news, we woke up to a world of white. We honestly haven't even had Fall yet and we are already going into winter ): Plus, since it is only 30 degrees, the snow is not melting yet. It seems strange to have leaves falling on snow....Still holding out for an Indian Summer-it can still happen.

Here are some things we cannot live without this weekend...

Tea.

Naps.

Lysol Wipes.
Vitamins.And for me....
Have a great weekend everyone-stay warm, stay healthy, and avoid us for awhile!

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh Lorrie, those pictures are too funny! Love the wine! I hope the kids get well soon. I fear we will all have H1N1 soon, especially when the vaccines aren't ready yet. Hope you guys aren't too bored. At least you know it is too crappy to be outside. Give Alaina a hug for me!

Melanie

Julie B said...

sorry to hear you all are getting it, but at least now you'll have some immunity to it! Trying to think positive... :)
SNOW!! So crazy! It was 80 degrees here on Friday and in the 70s this weekend, so keep the cold stuff up there...I am not ready for winter just yet!

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend at home...and I really hope you do not get it!

Lorrie said...

Julie, I would give anything for that 70-80 degrees!

Alaina is doing good and was back in school today. The rest of us haven't gotten it and hopefully won't (:

Maja said...

Hahahaha! The wine cracked me up. The rest of it, though... Ugh. I feel for you. Sounds pretty awful! I hope Alaina is better and that the rest of you continue to stay healthy.

And oh my gosh, I can't believe the snow. It is pretty cold here, too, though... and I just yesterday realized that No, we would not be needing shorts and summer dresses anymore. :( I don't know how it manages to sneak up on me every year!

Lorrie said...

I know how you feel Maja. I still feel like I can't put away the shorts, yet. Just in case (: We all are feeling deprived here. We went from hot to freezing in about a week and the leaves hadn't even changed color before they all just fell off the trees because of the cold! I need a beautiful fall to help me prepare for Winter, but I am still waiting....